Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Default Fun dungeon chanter solo XP spots

Well my chanter on blue is currently leveling up as much in dungeons as possible. So far I've done:

16-20 in Kerra Isle: wonky pathing, lots of roamers, lots of shamans (blinds, heals!) and rangers (snares, roots!)... fun times in an rarely-visited zone.

20-22 in OOT: cause I'm poor and thought gargoyles would be decent money, but it was infuriating dealing with the skeletons that spawn in place of gargoyles plus the hilly terrain all for 700pp.

22-25 in Najena: goblin camps and spiders back near Najena's room are a good time. Camps can be a bit nasty to break up but there are solo spawns around to use as safety net pets while trying to lull camps to buy you time to gate out.

26 in Sol A: lots of spawns near entrance and a few drops that vendor well, but every random PLer, twink, and 50+ who zones in slaughters all the entry mobs that are spawned on their way deeper into the zone and leaves not much for XPing on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

26-27 back in Najena: fleeing the people of sola, the 4 spiders and 3 skeletons back near Najena are still excellent XP though the goblins are greened out.

I think I'll stay in Najena for the sake of convenience until 29, but then I'll need a new spot to check out. I thought about toughing out my time in sola to learn the zone better (I've never learned it well) since it can take me up close to 40 and I wouldn't mind a glove drop off kindle. I've spent 30ish-35ish in CT before on crocodiles which was nice xp with no loot, will end up there again if I don't settle into a new spot.

What are some other options? Is Crystal Caverns a spot for a 29 chanter to solo? People seem to love uguk but I guess I've just never learned it well enough to solo there without getting chased out or dying a lot. Kunark dungeons are all too low or too high still I think? I've XPed in the entrance to paw before but it annoyed me to no end that there is one deep red con only a few spawns into the zone that you have to work around in order to XP on all the other stuff nearby... and once you can kill him, the other stuff is too low to bother with. I've done perma in the late 20s but is it workable 29+?
Old 06-08-2016, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

When your enchanter reaches level 30, may I suggest the zone Dalnir for your 30 to 40 range, and adding droga in your late 30s. These are two zones I enjoyed in the span of these levels, both zones are rarely traveled to leaving you many options to progress from the start to peak, as well Warslik woods is right outside of Dalnir and it wasn't too difficult in my experience to find a healer in the zone to join me, that commonly resulted to a full group. Welcome back
Old 06-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Is this a post from 2010?
Old 06-08-2016, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this a post from 2010?
Old Today, 08:37 AM
Old 06-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nybras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old Today, 08:37 AM
I think he was being sarcastic lol.

Welcome back Tecmos. I hope that you plan to stream again in the near future. I miss your streams, and I'm sad that none of your old broadcasts or HS videos are posted anymore. Anyway, have fun with your EQ grind man!
Last edited by wwoneo; 06-08-2016 at 04:37 PM..
Old 06-08-2016, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nybras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When your enchanter reaches level 30, may I suggest the zone Dalnir for your 30 to 40 range, and adding droga in your late 30s. These are two zones I enjoyed in the span of these levels, both zones are rarely traveled to leaving you many options to progress from the start to peak, as well Warslik woods is right outside of Dalnir and it wasn't too difficult in my experience to find a healer in the zone to join me, that commonly resulted to a full group. Welcome back
I have fond memories of dalnir from live, also with an enchanter, although back then I didn't realize soloing dungeons was as possible as it is. I will definitely put Dalnir on the list.

I might do some droga and/or nurga too, cause I've never really XPed in either, but i also am not very fond of those zones... so we'll see.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome back Tecmos. I hope that you plan to stream again in the near future. I miss your streams, and I'm sad that none of your old broadcasts or HS videos are posted anymore. Anyway, have fun with your EQ grind man!
Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not sure if I'll get to do any streaming any time soon. I switched internet providers and the one I have now is dumb about their upload speeds.

I don't really remember why I took down all my old streams. I deactivated my twitch recently cause I didn't have any plans of using it, but the only video that was still there was me in kerra isle with my new chanter from shortly before Velious launch IIRC.

Enjoying the grind so far. I checked my logs and apparently with Tecmos I had gotten quite a bit of PL early on (most of 1-30) to get to the "good levels." I leveled a chanter on red also going through dungeons, partly duo with Alawen's cleric over there and partly solo... I think I did kerra and perma but also spent time outdoors just to find empty places to level in peace. Aiming to more-or-less exclusively in dungeons this time around.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:13 PM
Sarnak

Around the 34 on my druid I went to Paw and charmed and killed the snakes, Loot isn't great but exp is awesome, and you really won't have anyone disturbing you, especially past the first double door you rarely see anyone. Drop down into the water and there's a nice ledge with hiding gnolls to med / pull the snakes out to fight, just be careful color stunning or you'll get the hidden gnolls too. Guess you could also do the gnolls if you're feeling frisky, but there's a ton of casters =)
Old 06-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

I definitely need to hit paw. I've basically never set foot past those doors.

Dalnir, paw, warrens, and the velious dungeons I've basically never solod in. Sola, uguk, kedge, droga, and nurga, I've spent limited time in. Everywhere else I've been just about everywhere when level-appropriate I think [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-08-2016 at 06:45 PM..
Old 06-08-2016, 10:36 PM
Banned

I charmed snakes with my shaman in paw.

Team with a shaman and charm with him. One of the rare opportunities where shaman charm is really good while leveling. Unless there's some better options with velious now.
Closed Thread