Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Orc

Question Mage Solo Post XP Nerf Tips..

Ahoy,

I recently rolled a mage for the first time and am in the 30's. Has anyone still leveling come up with a decent solution to dealing greater that 50% damage to a mob without getting squished or being incredibly mana inefficient? I don't see much discussion on new solo techniques since this was patched.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moniker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahoy,

I recently rolled a mage for the first time and am in the 30's. Has anyone still leveling come up with a decent solution to dealing greater that 50% damage to a mob without getting squished or being incredibly mana inefficient? I don't see much discussion on new solo techniques since this was patched.
Get in a group so the pet nerf doesnt apply.

Or find a static 6 minute spawn that you can sit/go afk at and just use pet and nukes to blast it down quick. By the time it respawns 6 mins later you have fm and are able to repeat. Not best solution ever but viable.
Last edited by Arillious; 01-19-2012 at 02:19 PM..
Old 01-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arillious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or find a static 6 minute spawn that you can sit/go afk at and just use pet and nukes to blast it down quick. By the time it respawns 6 mins later you have fm and are able to repeat. Not best solution ever but viable.
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...nute_Bard_Diet
Old 01-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Orc

If using the earth pet to root + nuke, is there any difference in chance to break root in using a fire or magic based DD?
Old 01-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

When not charming I do something with my Chanter that might sorta work for you. This technique requires open spaces and JBoots however.

1. Pull with best nuke from max distance.
2. Immediately run until enough distance to get off another nuke.
3. Cause pet to engage.
4. Root mob (you'd have to use Earth and pray I guess).
5. Med
6. Nuke again until you are sure you have done more than 50 percent. Because you saw how much damage your first 2 nukes did, you have some idea of how much more to nuke. probably once or twice more.

This is not particularly mana efficient, but it is the best I could come up with.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Aviak

Default Idea

Not sure if this works or not...

But when I solo with my mage, I will let my pet bring the mob to like 5%, then cast reclaim energy on pet to kill it. Then I finish the mob off with whatever nuke does the 5% dmg.

My theory was that this should work because of how charming works. When I charm two mobs, I will invis to break charm and finish the ex-charmed pet 1st, then the 2nd one for full exp on both. If I kill them in reverse order, I gimp my exp on one of the mobs, because the one that did dmg. is still alive.

So I think it might work the same way with mage, if you dismiss/reclaim pet, it wipes the dmg list for that source, and you are then 100% of the damage of the 5% left.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to DOPE

Bump for great interest!
Old 02-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Large Rat

If you put a 'shield of fire' on your earth pet, does that damage count towards your own damage, the pet's damage, or is it not counted at all, and you simply have to do 50% or more of the remaining damage?
Old 02-19-2012, 11:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by houwser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if this works or not...

But when I solo with my mage, I will let my pet bring the mob to like 5%, then cast reclaim energy on pet to kill it. Then I finish the mob off with whatever nuke does the 5% dmg.

My theory was that this should work because of how charming works. When I charm two mobs, I will invis to break charm and finish the ex-charmed pet 1st, then the 2nd one for full exp on both. If I kill them in reverse order, I gimp my exp on one of the mobs, because the one that did dmg. is still alive.

So I think it might work the same way with mage, if you dismiss/reclaim pet, it wipes the dmg list for that source, and you are then 100% of the damage of the 5% left.
This does indeed work and I have been resorting to that on my mage in his 40's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you put a 'shield of fire' on your earth pet, does that damage count towards your own damage, the pet's damage, or is it not counted at all, and you simply have to do 50% or more of the remaining damage?
I've tried this out on my druid and mage and it would appear as though the damage from a DS counts toward no ones damage.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Kobold

Doesn't this get changed during velious?

[ANONYMOUS] Advisor
Closed Thread