Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

I spend 20-30+ in SK/paw with Tecmos I think (maybe with MM mixed in a bit). Lots of room in SK to keep you safe and avoid having to spend mana on runes (hell, I never even used shielding or AC spells when I was leveling with space), and in paw you are right near the zoneline (although you can't get very far into the zone before you hit that retarded red-con gnoll standing next to a bunch of stuff that is like 6 levels lower than him).
Old 08-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galanteer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reverse charming is also a way around the exp problem. Tash/root/charm/equip weapons/haste//break charm. Charm other critter and send it on the 1st. Break charm when near dead, kill, repeat.
This isn't as important here as it was in later expansions where the charmed pets damage was reduced, yet it still can be effective in some situations. Another downside is that on this server gear you give to a charmed critter is not returned when you kill it, so you'll want a few sets of pet weapons.
I never got into reverse charming with a chanter. Always seemed as good or better (and with less effort, too) to just pull 2 things at a time and let them beat each other low then finish them both off. You can make use of our variety of slow spells, casting 1 of them a ways into the fight when you have a feel for how much slow you need (if any) to keep the mobs even on their way down to 1-nuke (preferably not your biggest nuke) range. Could sometimes be annoying to find two mobs that were similar enough in level (and not casters, usually) though... but yeah, I never liked keeping a reverse-charmed mob around, buffed up, weaponized, rooted (especially before PE/fetter), etc.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spend 20-30+ in SK/paw with Tecmos I think (maybe with MM mixed in a bit). Lots of room in SK to keep you safe and avoid having to spend mana on runes (hell, I never even used shielding or AC spells when I was leveling with space), and in paw you are right near the zoneline (although you can't get very far into the zone before you hit that retarded red-con gnoll standing next to a bunch of stuff that is like 6 levels lower than him).
I spent my early 30s in SK also killing dogs mostly. The outside dogs by the Spires are pretty easy because you have so much space. Inside Paw is trickier, though if you find a healer partner it's much easier. Never ventured passed the double-doors there though. There's a trick to pulling those mobs without training a ton of dogs on yourself, but I never figured it out...[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, you get to stockpile gnoll whips, which are great for your pets later on.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

If the charmed pet gets the upperhand and mob gets low on health, I back pet up and memblur mob then nuke it to death and then do the same on pet - is this the way to handle it in order to get full xp?

/confused newbie chanter

ps sry for hijacking thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

I'm pretty sure that after you break charm on your pet, it doesn't matter if you finish pet off first or finish the mob off first, you still get full xp for both. No need to do any blurring or anything. Not 100% positive though. It was never something I could perceive when leveling Tecmos, so I never really worried about it.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Need to unnerf whil IMHO. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I basically stopped soloing after tht nerf >_>

I do use the charm soloing method when far,IMG however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the charmed pet gets the upperhand and mob gets low on health, I back pet up and memblur mob then nuke it to death and then do the same on pet - is this the way to handle it in order to get full xp?
You can do this if you want to use pet for another mob...or you can break
charm and kill both for full XP (seems like it doesn't matter which order).
Of course, you need to be sure the memblur stuck...

Alternatively, you can get a partner and not worry about Pet stealing XP at all...
Old 08-13-2013, 02:26 AM
Sarnak

Ok, now I understand a bit more. Thanks for the replies
Old 08-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Aviak

http://xornn.tripod.com/Creation/creation.htm this guide tells you pretty much everything you need to know about your enchanter (and the stories are really cool too). After you might go to the p99 wiki and look at their enchanter guide for anything not covered
Last edited by Tsenor; 08-13-2013 at 11:12 AM..
Old 08-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can do this if you want to use pet for another mob...or you can break
charm and kill both for full XP (seems like it doesn't matter which order).
Of course, you need to be sure the memblur stuck...

Alternatively, you can get a partner and not worry about Pet stealing XP at all...
Best way to check mem blur (that I've found). while the mob is rooted move to a different side of the mob. If the mob turns with you then mem blur did not stick.