Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Large Bat

Default Giving necro pet weapons

At low levels..(8ish+) should I be giving my skelly rusty weapons or staffs that I find while killing? I haven't looked at the damage or sat there and parsed it so I'm curious whether its helpful or a hindrance(i.e. longer attack delay, aggro, exp penalty from pet doing too much dmg).

And for the future I'd also like to know if(and with what weapons) I should be doing this down the line at higher lvls.

Thanks
Old 12-15-2012, 03:11 AM
Sarnak

weapons do not affect attack speed. However, at low levels certain weapons will increase pet damage per swing.

example: you can hand a level 1 skeleton one of the rusty shan'tok weapons that drop in field of bone (or check the vendors) and that little bastard will swing for 17.

Maksim
Old 12-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, weapons affecting pet delay was removed very early in EQLive, because the lvl 49 necro pet was dual wielding for full damage with fine steel daggers (19 delay) and the DPS was insane. Anyway, damage on weapons only affects pet damage if the weapon damage will help the pet hit harder than it normally would. The shan'tok weapons are great because they let your pet hit for 17 (2x8 +1). I don't know about the effects of shields on pets.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:42 PM
Banned

WEIGHTED 2 HANDED AXE FOR THE WIN
Old 01-10-2013, 02:33 AM
Banned

We could give pets that could dual wield 2x 2handed scythes on live. See if you can dig up a screenie or comments.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We could give pets that could dual wield 2x 2handed scythes on live. See if you can dig up a screenie or comments.
maybe so but was that WAD?
Old 01-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magevro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At low levels..(8ish+) should I be giving my skelly rusty weapons or staffs that I find while killing? I haven't looked at the damage or sat there and parsed it so I'm curious whether its helpful or a hindrance(i.e. longer attack delay, aggro, exp penalty from pet doing too much dmg).

And for the future I'd also like to know if(and with what weapons) I should be doing this down the line at higher lvls.

Thanks
Gnoll hide Lariats when they will proc.
Deadwood staves when they will proc.

any combination that suits your current needs.

There are some other weapons as well, if you have the plat.

Other than that, there isn't much need for giving your pet a weapon outside of grouping.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

If you're intent on equipping a 2h weapon on a pet here it can still be done, but the pet does usually swallow most of them.

Simply give the pet a torch, then the 2h weapon afterwards... not only is it fixed, but its helping you see the way ahead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Orc

so it will dual wield two handers then?
Old 01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Kobold

Until he duel wields give him a 2hander for maximum damage.
Closed Thread