Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-28-2022, 10:19 PM
Sarnak

I KNEW something was missing from the Rivervale soundtrack. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it just wasn't how I remembered. This is a very cool project! Thanks for doing this and I hope it gets implemented.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 11-30-2022, 02:45 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Shock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your working with the emt files, do you think its possible to get the other 2 combat midis and the Bard instrument sounds to play as well?
We've been talking about this, and several other sounds.

If there's anyone out there who is particularly proficient at C# with a GUI:

Current main focus is making this tool to directly edit the eff binaries, but I am really not a code dev. I have the functionality written, but need to get visual studio to stop crying about little details like variable scope and minor syntax.

Someone who actually works with C# could probably resolve the little stuff in a matter of minutes, where it's many hours of trial & error and learning for me.
Old 11-30-2022, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: whoah 2:40 kicked in and im underwater immersed in super EQ n64 donkey kong country, and loving it.

Gimi a 10hr video of this track please? Not kidding [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found a 36 minute version of it:

Old 12-02-2022, 06:12 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there's anyone out there who is particularly proficient at C# with a GUI:

Current main focus is making this tool to directly edit the eff binaries, but I am really not a code dev. I have the functionality written, but need to get visual studio to stop crying about little details like variable scope and minor syntax.

Someone who actually works with C# could probably resolve the little stuff in a matter of minutes, where it's many hours of trial & error and learning for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcqg0ngFcIo

There are still some minor bugs to work out, and readability improvements to make, but there is now a GUI for direct editing the *_sounds.eff binaries without incurring the losses which happen during conversion to plaintext .emt

Still room to help polishing up the code though if anyone is interested.
Last edited by Uthgaard; 12-02-2022 at 06:21 AM..
Old 12-05-2022, 03:24 PM
Large Rat

i am checking this topic almost everyday, and hoping Uthgaard could really solve this sound problem completely.
Last edited by Simani; 12-05-2022 at 03:27 PM..
Old 12-05-2022, 04:30 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i am checking this topic almost everyday, and hoping Uthgaard could really solve this sound problem completely.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What I really need right now is some extra eyes and hands working out the C# on the editor tool:

https://github.com/Uthgaard/EffEditor

Details from the readme:

Quote:
Current issues: The final line of the import process tends to zero out UnkRef00 or misplace its value into UnkRef04, depending on the total length of the binary. This is the only incorrect value, no others in the row get misplaced when that happens.

Current development needs: Once the import bug is corrected, convert the values back to the native binary and rewrite the eff file.
Old 02-28-2023, 10:48 PM
Aviak

Somebody help this man! EQ needs its original music restored to its full glory!