Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Kobold

I did what?

Jack - Server First Erudite
Old 12-03-2019, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirrund [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It also had entire zones you didn't go to because there were hundreds of RMT asian gold farmers strewn across a single zone; for those who don't understand, it would be as though you were in a zone the size of east commonlands but it was day 1 of green and hundreds of people were camping every known spawn point and you were the only person who wasn't just farming gold for an RMT operation. If you tried to contest anything, they would all zerg you down and kill you.

Even in Cruma tower (the equivalent of lower guk) you'd have a group and then suddenly the asian gold farmers would move in and kill everyone in a wing, set up their lower level farmers, and if you contested anything, the farm boss (who had high tier gear and was about 20 levels higher than you) would come in and kill you instead.

That game was ruined by korean grindfest and gold farmers, otherwise it was an okay game with some decent ideas.
I don't know about you, but I just saw the Chinese as content. I spent months fighting high level, active farm crews in tower of insomence. They got to the point where they wouldn't flag if I was around, so we had to drop angels on them to clear them out.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Naw
Sissy compete for your loot like a man
Old 12-03-2019, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenderizer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gotta love that p99 community am i right. ;-)
The ones who bitch and moan cause they cant get loot like normal people?
Old 12-03-2019, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should apply to all named creature camps.

It's clear to me that P99'ers cannot exist in harmony like they did back in the day.
Amen ... except that I don't completely about the harmony part.

People in systems act however the systems guide them to act. P99 has created (partly by choice, partly by forces out of their control, and partly by stuff that's sort of in-between, like the limited guide capacity) a system that is responsible for this behavior, just like the different system on live created that behavior.

P99 players could "act right" ... IF Rogean got way more specific and clear about the rules (and maybe forced people to see the rules page when they signed up for an EQEmu account), so no one could claim "I didn't know better", and then also got draconian about enforcing those rules.

I truly think that as soon as people start seeing their guildmates getting banned for being jerks, everyone would stop acting like jerks and behave decently. Or to put it another way:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But of course, while more draconian rules would work, they wouldn't be Classic EQ(tm). And given P99's limits as an all volunteer-project (and the desire to have good/quality GMs and not just lots of jerks on a power trip), such a system may not even be possible here ...

... which makes /list the best classic solution. And just as lists did exist for all camps on live, they belong on all camps here. We just need to get rid of this bit about them lasting more than 24 hours, because on live GMs definitely did not maintain lists that long (they went to sleep!)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

*completely agree about

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*completely agree about
I accidentally your post.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

P.P.S. (Man I wish RnF had edit ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IF Rogean got way more specific and clear about the rules (and maybe forced people to see the rules page when they signed up for an EQEmu account), so no one could claim "I didn't know better", and then also got draconian about enforcing those rules.
Actually, just thinking about it, Live worked kind of because of the reverse. They let everyone know the rules clearly, but they weren't specific. Heck there wasn't even an official Play Nice Policy until Kunark.

Instead, players just had this vague sense that if they acted like jerks and someone petitioned them, the GMs might side with the other player, and I think that "fear of the unknown" kept a lot of people in line.

So I guess it's less about needing specific well-known definitions of "bad behavior", and more just about letting players know that their bad behavior will be punished. In other words, it's all about the fear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 12-03-2019, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Basically the server needs Uthgard
Old 12-03-2019, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Free ma root nets!
If only people knew the actual server camp rules there would probably be less of a monopoly on them (or a greater number of guild organization to monopolize them at least).
Closed Thread