Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-25-2019, 05:56 AM
Orc

Thank you Lulz!!!

After hours of experimenting different issues I tried Nyme's wrapper, I add the new patch, and was able to log in. The problem is I can't see the world properly.

I can see NPCs/PCs, Doors, and Trees that are immediately around me....but nothing else? The horizon is infinite and I'm boxed in my starting zone. Any recommendations?

I have a 2011 Mac Book Pro and am running High Sierra.

Any help is appreciated. used to play back in the day and so excited to re explore.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:38 AM
Large Rat

I am just coming back to the game after years and years away so I was starting from scratch trying to get it to work. I am not particular tech savvy but a combination of the YouTube video "How to Install Project 1999 on a Mac" by Derferter and then adding on what Nyme posted got me there. When I added the most recent patch files into what Derferter shows you the client would not open at all, but it would open without those patch notes it would just tell me that my spell graphics were out of date. So at that point i added what Nyme posted and that fixes it. If anyone else is experiencing trouble I just went from scratch to playing in a matter of a couple of hours, so stay strong and keep messing with it and you will get there! Feel free to message me if you get hung up anywhere and I will be more specific about what worked for me. Thanks Nyme!
Old 12-05-2019, 04:35 AM
Large Rat

Default Gamma Fix

One more thing...I saw a few people were gaving Gamma issues throughout the thread. So people suggested various things and some things worked for some and not for others. Initially the game was unplayable at night because of the darkness. For me the gamma slider in game did nothing. I went into the wineskin settings and maxed the gamma out there and that also did nothing. What worked for me was going into my eqclient.ini file and finding the line for Gamma. It said something like Gamma=20.0000000. I changed the 2 to an 8 and that worked for me.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:22 AM
Orc

Having the same issue as Duncanator583. I can get the game to load but when I do, I only see the sky, none of the ground textures are loading.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:27 PM
Large Bat

Default Info.plist issue

Getting this upon launching Project 1999.app from applications folder

ERROR! cannot write to Info.plist, there are permission problems, or you are on a read-only volume.

This cannot run from within a read-only dmg file.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by millers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having the same issue as Duncanator583. I can get the game to load but when I do, I only see the sky, none of the ground textures are loading.

Figure anything out? It's doing it for me too
Old 12-14-2019, 01:34 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I set everything up but my gound isn't appearing right. It's completely gray.
Old 12-27-2019, 01:50 PM
Large Rat

Wish I checked out compatibility before loading up Catalina on my Mac. I've tested Nyme's wrapper, added the patch files individually as suggested in previous posts, tossed the Wineskin into my applications folder, etc -- but it simply won't launch on Catalina. It'll prompt you to approve security settings but nothing happens after you approve it and attempt to launch the Wineskin.

If anyone makes progress with using this method on Catalina, please post!
Old 12-28-2019, 10:09 PM
Orc

Noticed some people talk about replacing files folder by folder when applying a new patch. I found a simpler way using the rsync command (which copies files and folders, but it doesn't overwrite folders, it copies the contents of them).

Open Terminal app and run this command:
$ rsync -av ~/Downloads/P99Files52b/ /Applications/Project\ 1999.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/P99/

* ~/Downloads/P99Files52b/ is the path of the unzipped patch files
* /Applications/Project\ 1999.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/P99/ is the path to the P99 directory inside Wineskin wrapper app
Old 01-03-2020, 04:32 PM
Aviak

Having trouble getting Wineskin to open after I add in patch files...

I haven't played in a few months since right before Green was released. I tried to open today with no luck.

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled according to the standard YouTUbe video I've followed about a dozen times to do this. But this time, when I get the patch files installed, Wineskin opens shortcut menu but just sits there for 15-20 minutes, then it closes with nothing happening.

When I start the wineskin up before adding patch files to get the client.ini file to be created, it starts up as usual. It's only after I add the patch files that it doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Any suggestions?