Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-13-2019, 07:58 AM
Aviak

Default FPS Cap I can't seem to get rid of.

I have a clean installation of EQ Titanium with WinEQ2. I have FPS limit set to 100 in both the game and WinEQ2. However, the game still seems choppy a lot of the time especially when turning. Feels like I am capped around 30fps or so. Sometimes when I alt-tab out and into the game it is perfectly smooth as it should be for a few seconds before capping itself again.

Please help!
Old 12-13-2019, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

FPS is now force locked at 60 FPS.

Though not sure if there is another issue or if just trying to go beyond 60 is causing this
Old 12-13-2019, 08:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FPS is now force locked at 60 FPS.

Though not sure if there is another issue or if just trying to go beyond 60 is causing this
It seems choppier than 60 fps to me but I'll take your word for it.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Its in the Sept 8, 2019 Patch Notes
Quote:
Rogean: FPS is now hard-set to 60. This was not done to force a classic framerate, but more because various client mechanics depend on this number, such as falling damage, levitate bob, and more.
If you set things to 60 and still have problems, let us know
Old 12-14-2019, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

I am also having issues with fps rubbing around 35-45 fps but can run other games just fine at 1920x1080 more than 90fps -- running on an intel UHD 620 i5 processor
Old 12-16-2019, 01:50 AM
Aviak

I just used an FPS counter and as I thought I'm getting less than 60fps. It is hovering around 32-35fps even though I'm on a GTX 1070 and 6700k. Why is this?
Old 12-16-2019, 02:43 AM
Banned

Probably partially due to the dynamic lighting hack that looks great somtimes and looks really bad other times.

Also I used to have to look at the floor to raid so low fps *is* sorta classic.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:24 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably partially due to the dynamic lighting hack that looks great somtimes and looks really bad other times.

Also I used to have to look at the floor to raid so low fps *is* sorta classic.
Any way to turn that off yet?
Old 12-16-2019, 04:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draulius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any way to turn that off yet?
I believe you can edit some config file but good luck seeing anything at night if you do. I think the idea was to eliminate the hard-coded ultravision that every race has by default in the titanium client and restore some value to vision-enhancing spells, and I completely enjoy that aspect of it and it definitely bolsters the overall social interaction. The downside is that multiple lightsources, or honestly even just one light source that is particularly bright, makes all surrounding textures look way way way insanely overly bright.

And again I do not blame the p99 devs one bit for this, they are working with what they have and I very much respect how many hours they put into this for us. We are at the mercy of the sony titanium client and there is only so much they can do with it.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And again I do not blame the p99 devs one bit for this, they are working with what they have and I very much respect how many hours they put into this for us. We are at the mercy of the sony titanium client and there is only so much they can do with it.
Honestly I am surprised they have managed to make this game run as well and stable as it has been running for me for the past 2 years!

So I am with you on that boat man, they have done a superb job to be honest, and quite flabbergasted they game runs so close to what original eq was back in the day.

You can see some differences here and there but overall it is quite an amazing job.

I tried once to try other servers, but wow ... you miss P99 once you go into other servers, badly.
----------------------------------
[center]