Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

Solution to all legacy /list camps. Make them like the boxes. World drops off mobs over a certain level. Just make them alot more rare. Maybe certain items only drop in certain regions? This would eliminate the need for /list, people staying up for days on end, account sharing ect. People could play the game level and have a chance at randomly getting the item they are after. Then they stop dropping at the giving time in the progression.

PS i didnt read all 30+ pages so if this was mentioned already sorry.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some people never had a chance to play with a manastone but have done virtually everything else under the sun in EQ. You are playing a 20 year old elf sim. That glass is pretty thin on your house.
Playing a 20-year-old elf sim is one thing. Sitting at a camp for 24+ hours without bathing because you might miss an AFK check is something else entirely. In pixel sickness terms, the former has pixel flu while the latter has pixel ebola.

I like the list system because it acts as a quarenteen that keeps the terminal case away from the general population.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing a 20-year-old elf sim is one thing. Sitting at a camp for 24+ hours without bathing because you might miss an AFK check is something else entirely. In pixel sickness terms, the former has pixel flu while the latter has pixel ebola.

I like the list system because it acts as a quarenteen that keeps the terminal case away from the general population.
This is a retarded post. 24 hours is the normal amount of time to go without "bathing" so it's not like going "24+" is automatically making you into some human cesspool. Also, who the fuck doesn't know how to shower in less than 10-12 minutes if they want to?

Someone should "quarenteen" your posting.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a retarded post. 24 hours is the normal amount of time to go without "bathing" so it's not like going "24+" is automatically making you into some human cesspool. Also, who the fuck doesn't know how to shower in less than 10-12 minutes if they want to?

Someone should "quarenteen" your posting.
hahaha dunked

also PS teal is going on 30+ hours with no jboot drop
Old 12-14-2019, 05:45 PM
Large Rat

If you think this is bad, EqReborn server was a lot worse. Manastone was a 1% drop. Spawn chance was about 20%. Average was like 5 real days in between drops. Took me weeks to get one. Worse camp I ever did. This is definitely bad, but it is a walk in the park compared to the reborn server.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:54 PM
Banned

Anyone that saw Drusella camp after Chadrick revamp had to understand that manastone was going to be 10x worse.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:35 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Comparing this to any other camp is laughable, I thought I made that clear in my first post that I've done every single 'hardcore' camp there is to do in p99's history, and this is by far significantly harder. Pained soul for 60 hours is a fucking dream, I'll do that ANY day nonstop, as I can have 5min microsleeps, and if I afk 15mins to walk my dog I don't lose my camp. 30 hours straight for verix about 2 months ago was nothing for me, doesnt even rate a mention in the top 20 for shitty camps ive done. This manastone shit is soul destroying and physically demanding.

That said there should be a solution, not whinging.

Possible solutions in my eyes:

Make manastone 2 different items. Make the ones that drop on green and teal no-drop "a manastone" to remove this cross server bullshit for potential server mergers or changes. Make the normal manastone also drop and just be ridiculous rare like spirit wracked cords were. So rare it doesn't rate a mention as a speculative drop, just a nice treat for someone lucky enough.

Add an ability to "/list afk 60" Where you can afk for 60mins and keep your spot on the list and advance on the list without doing afk checks. But you can only do so every 4 hours.

Add an ability to /list afk sleep, where your position gets paused in the list, others can overtake you as the list moves, so you could stay position 5 while sleeping and position 6 goes to 4, as something is looted. Stays current for 8 hours, only able to do once per day.

Make all list positions IP locked. No change of IP allowed. Or MAC address locked so you cant change devices for instance. Or add geofencing to the IP so you cant change IP's from an area (so as an australian in Brisbane I'd need to have someone at least in my city, at least allowing my IP to change at ISP level). You should be one human per camp, not one toon.

Have list position decay if you fail afk checks. So fail a check = knocked back 2 positions from 1 to 3, or 3 to 5 etc. Not from 1 to nonexistent.

I'm actually okay with everything you mentioned. Genuinely.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

You can relist.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-16-2019, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Depending on how close the water heater is to the output i could do a 2 minute shower
Old 12-16-2019, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depending on how close the water heater is to the output i could do a 2 minute shower
Amateurs.... just swipe your pits, ass, twig, and berries with a Lysol disinfectant wipe... 30 seconds tops. If it burns, you know it worked.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread