Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 09:33 PM
Kobold

Doesn't seem that hard to add a variable to the database that counts afk checks. I barely know SQL, and I could write that.
If anything all of the code that have created makes it EASIER to implement this. All the nuts and bolt are already there, the distance code, the list, all of it can be added to this with a single change to who is #1 on the list, and a variable.

Its not as if I want a manastone, I could care less. I DO want the player base to be healthy, and not be forced to account share to get items. I want to reward players for time invested, and not expect them to go DAYS without sleep.
Last edited by SenoraRaton; 11-12-2019 at 09:40 PM..
Old 11-13-2019, 12:10 AM
Kobold

I think this idea has merit.

Reading the other thread and understanding basic human nature I'm worried someone will die before a change is made however. I hope it doesn't come to that but us EQ neckbeards seem a tad stubborn.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

I'm planning on just asking sirken for one
Old 11-13-2019, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm planning on just asking sirken for one
edgy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2019, 12:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraRaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't seem that hard to add a variable to the database that counts afk checks. I barely know SQL, and I could write that.
If anything all of the code that have created makes it EASIER to implement this. All the nuts and bolt are already there, the distance code, the list, all of it can be added to this with a single change to who is #1 on the list, and a variable.

Its not as if I want a manastone, I could care less. I DO want the player base to be healthy, and not be forced to account share to get items. I want to reward players for time invested, and not expect them to go DAYS without sleep.
I always find these armchair breakdowns of how to implement a feature to be so damn cringey.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:50 AM
Planar Protector

Seems somewhat unfair and doesn't guarantee that it solves the issue. If it's totally random, you'll likely get so many more people on the list thereby significantly decreasing the % chance that each member would win a given roll. As such, the odds are decent that you'd still end up with people sitting there for days on end. Sure, they could log off and just try again later, but if there's tons of people on the list such that the % chance of winning each time is small, there will be crazies who will want to take advantage of every opportunity they can to win given their small possibility and they'll just stay awake for tens of hours doing so. And sure, there might not be as many of those people, but there will be some and there's not many ways to guarantee that there wouldn't be besides upping the drop rate of the MS; so why implement a somewhat unfair system that can't guarantee it will solve the issue 100%.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Farm plat and pay these guys for one later.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:35 AM
Orc

There will never be a solution to cater to everyone. The system in place is in the spirit of how camps in all of classic EverQuest were handled, except that it prevents players from simply handing off to their friends / guildmates / alts / etc.

It's not perfect, and there are ways that it could be improved, but it works. It's not that bad and I don't think any other changes will be made.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:55 AM
Aviak

Make manastone Lore No Drop and issue is solved.

No more farming bots or people grabbing multiples to horde for later.

It will be those who need it that come not everyone trying to get in on the get rich quick scheme.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:59 AM
Aviak

current system in place is great, please dont change a thing rogean.
Closed Thread