Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 08:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isomorphic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You whine more than wizard and you have a level 34 pet...
ya gimme port, snare, and root and i'll stop whinging.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 12-01-2019, 08:33 AM
Sarnak

Just give them their epics at level 1.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:42 AM
Sarnak

All your arguments lately for custom classes have been stressing me out. I sure hope your word vomit falls on deaf ears.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

So ignoring the way this post was presented, I definitely want to comment on this topic. How does mages having literally no pets after 34 benefit anyone? I'm not even a mage, I'm a shaman... and pretty much every mage I ever grouped with in the 30s just disappears after they get to 40.

In what way does this actually make the game better? Because at this point it's clearly a conscious choice not to patch it. I mean, I'm just here to play real everquest man. I didn't sign up for that.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 12-01-2019, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So ignoring the way this post was presented, I definitely want to comment on this topic. How does mages having literally no pets after 34 benefit anyone? I'm not even a mage, I'm a shaman... and pretty much every mage I ever grouped with in the 30s just disappears after they get to 40.

In what way does this actually make the game better? Because at this point it's clearly a conscious choice not to patch it. I mean, I'm just here to play real everquest man. I didn't sign up for that.
I thought part of the problem wasn't even classic.

But they don't do stuff like decrease newbie zone spawn timers to make things more playable around here, you gotta rough it out. /s
Old 12-01-2019, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Mages on Live had no pets beyond 29 for two months after release. The situation here is actually unclassically good.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages on Live had no pets beyond 29 for two months after release. The situation here is actually unclassically good.
I didn't play in the two months of release. I'm here to play everquest because it was a GOOD game. I can't play with corpse runs on live or an authentic experience. Explain to me how giving no mages after 34 benefits anyone(thank you for suggesting this change btw)?

Secondly, mages just didn't level that fast in the first two months. There were probably a couple hardcore players that made it there but the situation is vastly different. The playerbase is NOT classic and therefore the restriction is substantially worse. A significant amount of players played wizards and warriors for example and grouped more, so a mage not having a pet in that time period was not as much of an issue.

No pets after 34 can ONLY be supported if your goal is to make an exact museum and NOT a good game in itself. Which then all balance changes and garbage like /list should be reverted if that's the case because this mage pet thing SIGNIFICANTLY makes the game worse.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 12-01-2019, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

The fix for broken 34 and up mage recipes was ready weeks ago and Nilbog indicated it would be going in soon, there is some deliberate reason why they decided not to go ahead with it. I’m not sure they will be sharing it with us though.
Old 12-01-2019, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please, go eat shit!
Old 12-01-2019, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fix for broken 34 and up mage recipes was ready weeks ago and Nilbog indicated it would be going in soon, there is some deliberate reason why they decided not to go ahead with it. I’m not sure they will be sharing it with us though.
Because it's not "classic"... even though they make unclassic changes all the time.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Closed Thread