Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 05:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzdazz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this post about a monk named raijin on teal lol?

Haha I hope so 🙈😂
Old 12-09-2019, 09:53 AM
Kobold

dunno, continue to auto attack?
Old 12-09-2019, 10:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If he wants me to just stand over to the side and forage for the group, then that's what I'll do.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirrund [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been in three groups with a bard. Each of the three times, the bard played heal song, or just Selo's, and stood off to the side, while the third bard pulled but still only played Selo's or Hymn.

The first two bards I requested they should be playing Hymn, Self Haste, Party Haste, and Chords if they want to add some damage. One bard only did it after i asked three times, and then still wouldn't melee (they weren't using a lute, either). The second bard never did it at all, but did start meleeing while playing just one song. The third bard who was pulling said "No I can't" but because they were pulling I just let it go. In all cases, I just gave up trying to get them to play more songs (and offered to explain it to them if they wished, I am always willing to be helpful)

This was pre 20. It is no wonder when people think bards are garbage in a group, when they are amazing and can do pretty much everything. Too bad there are just more lazy bards than not.
When I am in a group with more than one bard, I talk with the bard about what each is singing, so we aren't wasting song space. As for your first two examples, if the bard isn't twisting at all (unless there's a really good reason not to), then suggesting they twist isn't a bad idea. (If I go have to go AFK, I announce it and what I am singing). If the best option is to not melee, then I will use instruments, and if needed, swap them.

I also check with other casters as to what they are doing. If the chanter has already given a haste buff, they don't need my haste song. If the shaman or chanter are slowing, or the ranger or druid are snaring, they don't need my slow snare song. But I'll often sing it in case the other spells don't land, or the other players miss their cues, or to generate hate if I need to off tank a bit.

However, I understand the third bard. If I am pulling, I want to concentrate on pulling, which means leaving before the mob is dead, and I won't be around enough to play the support role that bard songs normally play.

(Or, dang it, you're a bard. Tell demanding leaders you know how to play your class, appreciate their suggestions, tell them they are tone deaf and have no rhythm, or go somewhere outdoors and solo.)
Last edited by lowner411; 12-09-2019 at 11:40 AM..
Old 12-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Aviak

If he's right, just do it because if you know how to play your class it's what you would've done anyway.

If he's wrong, play your class the right way and prove he's wrong.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:46 AM
Aviak

I always thought they just stood facing the wall playing regen or mana song while he went to grab a drink real quick but never came back.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tend to let people do their thing. But, if the bard is playing really inappropriate songs for what's happening with the group dynamic, you bet I'm going to ask them to play some different things ("DON'T YOU KNOW ANY OTHER GODDAMN TUNE?!?" -- I really hope someone gets this reference.)
Higgins, when I said your music would be a welcome companion.... DON'T YOU KNOW ANY OTHER GODDAMN TUNE! HUH?

No sir!

Of course you do lad! Play them that haunting air you played me this morning. - Pratt

I can do the whole movie.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

This is why I never played a Bard no matter how appealing it seemed. Not only do I have to carpal tunnel, I'm going to have other motherfuckers tell me how to carpal? Yeah, bitch please.

This is why I like to play classes like SKs and Shamans. You start telling me what to do then you go have some downtime looking for my rep while I solo right down the street.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:44 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Well....sometimes a crazy wipe happens or the puller REALLY messed up and pulled a HUGE train... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

OUCH, this game is unfair!! Or the puller just sucked really badly on that last pull...maybe it was just bad luck!

Turns out the puller lost his concentration from the music getting all mucked up from a bossy leader with poor taste... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-10-2019, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarkus31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Higgins, when I said your music would be a welcome companion.... DON'T YOU KNOW ANY OTHER GODDAMN TUNE! HUH?

No sir!

Of course you do lad! Play them that haunting air you played me this morning. - Pratt

I can do the whole movie.
OMG thank you <3

There's an old saying...white water in the morning. - Pratt
Yes? - Edwards
That's it. - Pratt