Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 07:36 PM
Kobold

The pathing was more kinda shortcuts the MoBs could take, that the player could not. It was also "warping" issues. "Working as intended" was the verdict. Go figure.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 12-13-2019, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pathing was more kinda shortcuts the MoBs could take, that the player could not. It was also "warping" issues. "Working as intended" was the verdict. Go figure.

That's not the "exploits" I'm referring to. Here is a more recent post of exploits being discussed to be avoided in EQclassic (assuming the link works):

http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1415

Discussing dead spots for pathing and places players could hit enemies from but not vice versa.

I don't think wall clipping so you can AoE mobs and not be attacked was working as intended on live and doubt a GM would tell you as such.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:49 PM
Kobold

Item recharging allows nerfed warriors to hold aggro against late-velious geared DPS without late-velious aggro weaps (buffed BoC).
Old 12-13-2019, 08:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Item recharging allows nerfed warriors to hold aggro against late-velious geared DPS without late-velious aggro weaps (buffed BoC).
They prefer the term "prebuffed"
Old 12-14-2019, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This shmuck and how he brings politics into aspects of life where they don't necessarily belong....
Politics is a word that synthesizes the concept of “city” and “citizen” - there are very few places where politics don’t belong. OPs frustration has to do with “citizens” having an assumedly unfair advantage over resources in the “city.” It’s warranted, absolutely, but I posited another viewpoint that disagrees.

I’m giving you a nauseatingly full play-by-play in hopes you don’t miss a key point.

[Oracle] [Grave Lord] [Outrider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris View Post
You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3
Old 12-14-2019, 04:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I agree, item recharging is basically duping. Something that old Verant / SoE used to ban a lot of people for. Using vendors to exploit items in various ways was also a frowned upon offense. EQ isn't the only game where developers felt exactly the same way and banned people for things like that.

There where quite a few exploits in classic and beyond, I've looked for many of them since I got here a few weeks ago and notice some are no longer in the game while others persist. I guess a lot of these have been fixed and packaged in the Titanium client. A lot of things where simply unbalanced and needed to be changed, I believe players knowingly taking advantage of things like this is also considered exploiting, but you guys wouldn't get your classic experience if they fixed all these things beforehand and actually gave you the game that SOE / Verant intended for you to have all along.

If thats the way the developers here want to go about it I am perfectly content with all the things that are in game that are being handled as closely to the old way as they can feasibly manage with limited resources and time constraints. I just got here a few weeks ago and I'm pretty impressed so far. Its been pretty fun.
Old 12-14-2019, 04:27 PM
Sarnak

If the staff considered item recharging to be an exploit then they would have removed it from the game on blue/green/teal. They are well aware of its existence and choose not to change it, therefore it is not an exploit.
Old 12-14-2019, 04:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Oh its still an exploit, there is no doubt about that, but letting certain things slide, sure, I get it.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhord99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Politics is a word that synthesizes the concept of “city” and “citizen” - there are very few places where politics don’t belong. OPs frustration has to do with “citizens” having an assumedly unfair advantage over resources in the “city.” It’s warranted, absolutely, but I posited another viewpoint that disagrees.

I’m giving you a nauseatingly full play-by-play in hopes you don’t miss a key point.
I was talking about the dipshit that said this:

Quote:
Its actually more like poor and middle class people working their wage slave jobs defending the corporations (from higher taxation) that run their lives and make decisions that affect them in detrimental ways. "Guys we need item recharging cause its classic even though anything worth recharging I cant get cause its so valuable mega guilds have it on controlled lockdown"

Its the 'anyone can be a millionaire' way of thinking

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-15-2019, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was talking about the dipshit that said this:
I redact my asshole snark. My apologies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[Oracle] [Grave Lord] [Outrider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris View Post
You also don't have to play here if you don't like the rules. It's your choice <3
Closed Thread