Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-07-2016, 02:13 AM
Sarnak

I just did windows 10 update. I did the clean version wiped everything. I downloaded every driver obviously. My computer was really messed up and my memory was cut in half. I contacted Asus tech support. They told me to pull everything out of my computer and plug in back in. I did that and it fixed everything. I would recommend starting by pulling out your gpu and memory and installing again. They also recommended doing latest bios update. I did that as well. My computer is now running perfect with windows 10.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i heard u cant even turn off windows updates in win 10
You can't technically turn it off, but you can make it so that it wont update by making sure you select the setting to not do updates on metered connections. Then you have to set all of your regular networks/wifi connections as metered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwils [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just did windows 10 update. I did the clean version wiped everything. I downloaded every driver obviously. My computer was really messed up and my memory was cut in half. I contacted Asus tech support. They told me to pull everything out of my computer and plug in back in. I did that and it fixed everything. I would recommend starting by pulling out your gpu and memory and installing again. They also recommended doing latest bios update. I did that as well. My computer is now running perfect with windows 10.
It was running perfectly for me until 8/3 update. From what I've gathered by googling there are a bunch of folks having the same issue as me. I've read basically that there is an Xbox App that gets installed/updated with this update which is causing the issue.

I'm about to try getting rid of that and see if it helps, if not I might try your suggestion Bwils.

Edit: So, I've come across a suggestion for a fix for this issue which I'm somewhat nervous to attempt. It involves messing with the registry to disable the DVR feature of this Xbox App. Apparently, if you manually turn it off in the app or disable it in the registry it reverts back upon restarting.

I just need a tech savvy person to try and decipher this reddit thread for me: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffen..._after/d62clmb

I understand they're talking about CS there and not EQ, but its the exact same issue that I'm having and it also stems from the same update.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Last edited by Tasslehofp99; 08-07-2016 at 08:52 AM..
Old 08-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Welp, couldn't figure it out and raid windows are looming soo I wiped it clean. Going to re-install EQ later and see if a fresh windows/EQ install fix the issue. If not, I'm utterly knackered.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-07-2016, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

Per your link, it appears to be related to some Xbox app which comes with Windows 10.

a quick search shows the "proper" way to disable that feature they are discussing, if you havent already uninstalled the xbox app:

Disable "Game DVR" in the Xbox app
Open Xbox app > go to config > Game DVR > Disable

if you cant find that then you can always do it the manual way via editing the registry. (by adding or editing the value that their program is using to control that setting).

run regedit.exe as admin, and then navigate this path just like a folder:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore

then on the GameConfigStore folder, right click add DWORD, call it GameDVR_Enabled

GameDVR_Enabled DWORD
0 = Off 1 = On

(set it to off)
Last edited by Grimjaw; 08-07-2016 at 10:47 PM..
Old 08-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
check your video drivers?
I would say this as well if you have a dedicated GPU. If its integrated that should be updated with windows but usually choppiness would indicate possible out of date graphics driver.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

OP sounds like your computer is using the onboard video and not your dedicated card.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:55 PM
Aviak

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimjaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Open Xbox app > go to config > Game DVR > Disable
A couple of months ago this fixed my problem.

A Win 10 update ran on my PC this morning and now I get "You can not attach a debugger while playing project 1999."

Double checked and Xbox software not installed.

This is annoying. I wish the P99 error message was more helpful.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welp, couldn't figure it out and raid windows are looming soo I wiped it clean. Going to re-install EQ later and see if a fresh windows/EQ install fix the issue. If not, I'm utterly knackered.
windows 10 such a great upgrade right.

sick of these nerds pimping it and understating the risks tbh. guys like you get taken for a ride.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 08-15-2016, 07:00 AM
Skeleton

Turn off logging and see if it's resolved.

I had issues with built in antivirus in win10. Excluded the logs folder in eq from scans and done.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:20 AM
Kobold

if you have logging on and someone or an npc casts the spell center it will lag you because it takes the <center> text as a formatting command and tries to format your log file. this can be a huge pain in the ass in zones with cleric guilds like felwithe. turn logging off to resolve this issue