Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure they changed it so killing the NPC doesn't even help now. Neither of things you suggest would have helped in any way with this problem (which was that the seller didn't have the proper faction).
What? If the second person had the faction and turned in the gems, the next MQ is messed up for the seller.

I'll test the npc kill mechanic right now and get back to you.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? If the second person had the faction and turned in the gems, the next MQ is messed up for the seller.

I'll test the npc kill mechanic right now and get back to you.
Wow, it does save progress after kills. Weird, and good to know!
Old 04-18-2019, 12:01 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also I asked for information on a failed MQ I had years ago in a much worse situation than this and got shut down by staff.
Sorry to hear that, I've been on staff for over 3 years and from what I've witnessed we'll assist in telling you what happened, but reimbursement is never possible.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

It doesn't sound so much like a "scam" to me. More likely than not the seller didn't understand the faction requirements (or somehow thought he had the faction when he didn't).

The seller clearly is at fault (if the facts in the thread are correct). If he made an honest mistake he should refund the money, but has apparently pulled a disappearing act so far.

My question for GMs:

The policy does not allow for you to reimburse lost items due to a bugged/botched/etc MQ failure...but staff DOES help folks when they get money scammed. The items are gone, but the pp is currently in the pocket of the wrong party. Can GMs help with that?
Old 04-18-2019, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry to hear that, I've been on staff for over 3 years and from what I've witnessed we'll assist in telling you what happened, but reimbursement is never possible.
I'm still curious about it even if it was 4 years ago!
Old 04-19-2019, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trolling forums on a game u were banned from 4 years ago. Farewell sanity
Old 04-19-2019, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I’m still curious what happened to this chiggen dude in your sig
Old 04-19-2019, 11:15 AM
Banned

My lord we’re all doomed
Old 04-19-2019, 11:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even know if I want to play anymore.

can't get out that easy lol
Old 04-19-2019, 12:44 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't sound so much like a "scam" to me. More likely than not the seller didn't understand the faction requirements (or somehow thought he had the faction when he didn't).

The seller clearly is at fault (if the facts in the thread are correct). If he made an honest mistake he should refund the money, but has apparently pulled a disappearing act so far.

My question for GMs:

The policy does not allow for you to reimburse lost items due to a bugged/botched/etc MQ failure...but staff DOES help folks when they get money scammed. The items are gone, but the pp is currently in the pocket of the wrong party. Can GMs help with that?

I have handled a case or two where a player didn't actually do a turn in they promised to do. Being a scam this does fall into the category of a PNP violation and we will step in. In the last case I handled the perp was banned till they agreed to return the platinum. They get a PNP violation on their record. We would never reimbursed the gems and we never touch currency. These are extremely rare or hardly reported.

But you're right, I strongly believe OP wasn't scammed... Someone didn't check their faction prior to the turn in.

My advise for players is to enter a 50/50 agreement. The buyer pays 50% upfront, if the MQ is successful they give the other 50% to the seller. If the seller gets the item due to the NPC being preloaded, both parties walk away. This is the reason why most MQs fail. If no one gets an item it's probably due to a faction issue on one of the parties and they should really figure that out. I can't remember if the NPC will talk to you if you don't have the faction, I believe they won't. The other reason why most quests in general fail is due to handing the items into the wrong NPC, come on people.

And someone will ask, so I'll say it here. The Velious armor NPCs are this way due to being classic, hate it, love it, it's the way it is. If it was my server I'd make it so MQs don't work at all :P
Closed Thread