Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

Default Help me decide: Troll SK or Dwarf Paladin

Making a new character pretty soon and have settled on either of these 2 choices. I will be geared with crusty armor and the best 200pp weapon money can buy. I plan on grouping to 55 with no real plans for raiding. I'll be spending nearly all of my time in dungeons and my hope is to be a a really hard to kill tank.

Which of the 2 do you think would suit me best? Which of the 2 is a better tank?
Old 09-25-2018, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

Paladin is a lifestyle you have to be committed to. If you want the option to be able to group, solo, and have good survivability, I would choose SK.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

It's a toss up... like Coke vs Pepsi in terms of the same thing in a slightly different flavor. I'm a big SK fan myself, love the snap aggro that comes with disease cloud and shadow vortex later on. SV can help you prebuild aggro on your next target if you cycle targets - its very OP and done properly your back line can not have to worry about "sit aggro" on incoming with 4 mobs.

Add in the ability to feign death (and therefore pull more easily than war/pal), harm touch adds the snap aggro or extra dps burst you need in a clutch situation, being able to hide, self DMF (later), pull out a disposable pet, proc lifetap (later) and snare... they're the tank I've always loved to play.

Also being evil serves an extra purpose. Everyone hates you anyway so you can kill anything you like <3
Old 09-25-2018, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Whichever you pick, remember you're not there to dps primarily so a weapon isn't as important as your ability to hold aggro (via spells).
Old 09-25-2018, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a toss up... like Coke vs Pepsi in terms of the same thing in a slightly different flavor. I'm a big SK fan myself, love the snap aggro that comes with disease cloud and shadow vortex later on. SV can help you prebuild aggro on your next target if you cycle targets - its very OP and done properly your back line can not have to worry about "sit aggro" on incoming with 4 mobs.

Add in the ability to feign death (and therefore pull more easily than war/pal), harm touch adds the snap aggro or extra dps burst you need in a clutch situation, being able to hide, self DMF (later), pull out a disposable pet, proc lifetap (later) and snare... they're the tank I've always loved to play.

Also being evil serves an extra purpose. Everyone hates you anyway so you can kill anything you like <3
im kinda leaning SK because of FD alone. I am not so worried about massive DPS, but i am surprised to see good stat weapons for both SK and Pal for relatively cheap.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladin is a lifestyle you have to be committed to. If you want the option to be able to group, solo, and have good survivability, I would choose SK.
thank you, does Paladin offer anything that is just game breakingly good vs SK?
Old 09-25-2018, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thank you, does Paladin offer anything that is just game breakingly good vs SK?
Lay on Hands and root are powerful tools for paladins
Last edited by Muggens; 09-25-2018 at 11:16 PM..
Old 09-25-2018, 11:17 PM
Fire Giant

ogre shaman
Old 09-25-2018, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

Too bad you can't be a Troll Paladin or a Dwarf SK.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveeauxfour [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ogre shaman
for sure frontal stun immunity, this is best choice OP
Closed Thread