Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 11-01-2023, 02:06 PM
Aviak

Default Halloween Event Loot?

I had to leave early, but does anyone know what was given out for the GM Halloween event? I saw the candy part, but missed the rolls in Unrest. Feed my FOMO please [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Marto - 60 Halfling Druid
Fratus - 40 Dwarven Paladin

--Red Server--

Smarrto - 60 Iksar Necro
Mardo - 60 Dwarven Cleric

Old 11-02-2023, 07:50 PM
Aviak

I was leveling and got to close to a GM during the event, was ported from Warsliks Woods to Permafrost on my lvl 28 ranger. Basically wasted my night trying to get all the way back to my leveling spot.
Old 11-06-2023, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Honestly, I remember the GM events from like 2010/2011 when blue was new and the events were so much fun. I remember there being swarms of werewolves all over EC/WC and dropping Plane of Fear loot and such. It was so much fun.

Now it’s just find the GM, get a candy you use to roll for some lame loot at the end. Rubicite BP, Legs and Helm are basically worthless. Trophy pieces at best.
Old 11-06-2023, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, I remember the GM events from like 2010/2011 when blue was new and the events were so much fun. I remember there being swarms of werewolves all over EC/WC and dropping Plane of Fear loot and such. It was so much fun.

Now it’s just find the GM, get a candy you use to roll for some lame loot at the end. Rubicite BP, Legs and Helm are basically worthless. Trophy pieces at best.
How ungrateful. You missed out on good fashionquest.
Old 11-08-2023, 12:49 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Would be nice. But we need a larger dev team. CSR team uses the tools available to us to create events.
Old 11-08-2023, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

yeah but rubicite? its so meh

what harm could 1 additional SoD per year cause?
Old 11-08-2023, 09:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah but rubicite? its so meh

what harm could 1 additional SoD per year cause?
Sorry you don't got warder loot
Old 11-15-2023, 06:27 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would be nice. But we need a larger dev team. CSR team uses the tools available to us to create events.
The event he is talking about uses basic tools that the guides on EQ had. Does p1999 not have full access to all the tools GM's and Guides had?

All the major npc with dialogue had to be other staff of course.
Doing something like 1 giant lvl 60 willowisp with dialogue and an army of 50 level 40-50 wisps and dropping a manastone or something would be simple and require only 1 staff.
Old 11-15-2023, 07:19 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedFrog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The event he is talking about uses basic tools that the guides on EQ had. Does p1999 not have full access to all the tools GM's and Guides had?

All the major npc with dialogue had to be other staff of course.
Doing something like 1 giant lvl 60 willowisp with dialogue and an army of 50 level 40-50 wisps and dropping a manastone or something would be simple and require only 1 staff.
Sure, all of that would technically be possible with GM toolkit. I could spawn a bunch of random NPCs then give them all manastones, but they would have no direction, no pathing, no special spells or abilities... those GM commands are pretty limited. We'd prefer to have quest or event scripts in place so it's automated.
Old 11-15-2023, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, all of that would technically be possible with GM toolkit. I could spawn a bunch of random NPCs then give them all manastones, but they would have no direction, no pathing, no special spells or abilities... those GM commands are pretty limited. We'd prefer to have quest or event scripts in place so it's automated.
can we just get back our candy corn? thanks in advance