Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 11-07-2023, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Default Frames per second

Is p99 limited to a specific FPS?

My Razer Blade 15 is several years old now and has an NVIDEA GeForce GTX 1060 with Max-Q design. Not great by today's standards but WAY beyond what should be needed to run EQ. While in-game with the GeForce HUD it shows FPS really never going over 60-65 under any circumstances.

When I open up Performance in Task manager it shows that my Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 will consistently hover at about 10-14% while my GPU being proportionally (from a percentage standpoint) less engaged.

I have my GPU set to be the default for the Everquest program. I know it is engaged because my GeForce Experience program kicks in when I load the game.

I find it odd that I can't seem to get over that 60-65 FPS mark and will sometimes go down to 40s briefly. I haven't tried running through WL recently but that is a more laggy zone. I would have thought that my graphics card wouldn't be dipping that low.

What kind of FPS do you guys get?
Is p99 FPS locked?
If not, any ideas on why my performance is what it is?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-07-2023, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

I'm just shooting from the hip here, but I thought the P99 devs capped framerate at one point to try and fix a few framerate related exploits. Levitation up/down movement is tied to framerate, for example. I think during that time they capped it at 30, which people hated. Pretty sure they undid that change eventually, but I don't know if they removed it completely or just bumped it to 60.

Also, titanium isn't the best of clients. It wouldn't suprise me if it had all sorts of issues with newer hardware, operating system, etc. Sadly just because the game is old, it doesn't always mean you'll end up with 120 FPS.
Old 11-07-2023, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I found a lot of sources saying we are now hard capped at 60FPS which would explain why I don't read higher than 65 FPS.

I ran through WL just now and was getting as low as 40-45FPS when looking out into the woods while levitating and running.

Is there anyone that experiences zero lag in zones like these? Anything I can do to optimize?

Old 11-08-2023, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

Check out dgvoodoo2 - eq may not even be using your 1060 - does it report that card in the graphics options in-game? My 1080 was "ignored" until I used dgvoodoo2:

https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999..._easy_install/

-Mcoy
Old 11-08-2023, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah my graphics card is showing in game. I just find it confusing that I can play Skyrim on highest settings (no mods currently) at a good 100-124 FPS but still consistently drop from the standard 65 FPS down to 40s at times running through places like Wakening Lands. I get that those zones are more intense but this is a pretty old game.

My performance in EQ seems to be disproportionately bad compared to other newer games.

I looked into dgvoodo2 last night and tried an install but I don’t think I did it correctly and am not sure if it would help.

Old 11-08-2023, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

You literally just copy the dll's into your p99 folder - you'll get a watermark (that you can disable) if it's working in the lower right corner.

-Mcoy
Old 11-08-2023, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I never saw the water mark. Which total files do you need to copy into directory

Old 11-16-2023, 09:25 AM
Kobold

You need to go into your Nvidia settings and create a profile specifically for eqgame.exe
Update the graphics card used to prefer max performance, force it to use your GPU, and most importantly change the max frame rate setting to whatever FPS you wanted. I suggest 120 or 144 depending on your monitor hz.

Any higher then 120/144 fps and the mouse movement / look speed gets extremely slow.