Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

I really can't argue against it, because i did never play a necro during vanilla so havn't got any 1st hand experience, but what i do remember is, even they were grosly OP'ed at least during vanilla, Necroes were always (together with wuzards) the biggest whiners on the boards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2013, 03:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

so it just shows, i was under the impression when i started my now level 60 necro, i would be an effective character through all levels of the game, i now have put over 60 days of playtime into him, to find that all my efforts, seem to have been worthless.

if i had known that on high end raids my supposed unresistant tap spell, becomes useless, i likely would have picked a useful character, (rogue, wizard, some decent dps...)

if i understand this correctly, necros worked just fine, on live, people complained, they got nerfed, then necros complained, and got un-nerfed... why make us go through a decision to nerf us, just to un-nerf them later (being this is after classic, and we know its going to be undone. especially since this server is not only restarting from the start, but its releases are WAY slower than classic, so we will die of old age, or the server will be shut down before we get fixed...
Old 11-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Fire Giant

ey but we never got the real 49 uber pet spell...[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Kobold

If you think the only thing a 60 necro could/should be doing against a high-end raid mob is lifetap, you're doing it wrong. If lifetap is the end-all be-all for your life as a necro, you're doing it extremely wrong.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanthallas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleric nukes land more on high end content than necro lifetaps at the moment on p99....
Clueless...
Old 11-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so it just shows, i was under the impression when i started my now level 60 necro, i would be an effective character through all levels of the game, i now have put over 60 days of playtime into him, to find that all my efforts, seem to have been worthless.
Wow I feel like I am in a time machine, I remember reading these sorts of messages every day for years on the necro boards.

Yes, necros suck during this era, sorry. Go look up Abashi's email/twitter and bitch at him for ruining your life.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow I feel like I am in a time machine, I remember reading these sorts of messages every day for years on the necro boards.

Yes, necros suck during this era, sorry. Go look up Abashi's email/twitter and bitch at him for ruining your life.
This. At least you had the potential of years of knowledge. Also don't worry, your DPS is going to make/break a raid far less than you keeping clerics stacked with mana would.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by koros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. At least you had the potential of years of knowledge. Also don't worry, your DPS is going to make/break a raid far less than you keeping clerics stacked with mana would.
Actually necros had the potential to do a dickload of damage, the problem was it was just one necro that could do it, and people were freaked out over a monster poofing from dot damage, which I never saw happen ever in the history of ever and is probably just some bullshit anecdotal myth.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:41 AM
Sarnak

The poofing was actually happening. If you follow some of the old posts. It was not just necroes. it was a build in feature of the DoT's to stop PL'ing. Just like all the BS with reduced effectiveness of DoT's when mob was chasing you, because people bish whined about Druids and Necroes being OP'ed not taking into any account how tedious and boring druid and necro solo life actually is. Hell even Ranja's were OP'ed at the start of EQ, but that was quickly fixed untill we hit PoP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually necros had the potential to do a dickload of damage, the problem was it was just one necro that could do it, and people were freaked out over a monster poofing from dot damage, which I never saw happen ever in the history of ever and is probably just some bullshit anecdotal myth.
My quote made it seem like I was directing the entire post at you. I basically meant your claim was right and then was directing the rest at forsales.