Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Default AFK camping frowned upon?

I recently read that afk camping is frowned upon by the staff and I am here to ask why?
I seek out afk camps so i can get stuff done (taking care of baby) and come back at a set time and kill a mob. Why is this a problem? Should I look at the nothing happening on screen for 20 mins before I kill groi? Any info to shine some light on this for me?
Old 11-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Dont have to stare at your screen for 20 mins but you do have to be there when the mob spawns or someone has the right to take the camp if your afk and there are mobs spawned.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

If you're going to AFK then make sure your character is at the camp and you engage the mob within a couple minutes after it spawns. People who contest you on that are generally the rule lawyering twats that are gonna cause you an issue regardless of what you're doing.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 11-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Kobold

AFK Camping = pet class being afk with pet on spawn killing over and over.

If you're only camping one mob that spawns every 20 minutes you can do whatever you want in between kills as long as your character is near the spawn and you kill it relatively quickly after the mob pops.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

the holy facepalm always delivers the truth

AFK camp all u like, but if a named PH is up n ur not moving for 2-3 min then it could get jacked
Old 11-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

back in the day, if the mob was up i usually gave them 1 minute if they were AFK before i sniped it.

you snooze you lose fucker!

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 11-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

"AFK camping" in the rules, you might have seen the thread linked below, refers to having a pet kill stuff for you while you are not at your computer. Mages/Necros (when pets were super awesome) were able to park their pet near an aggro mob and let it do all the work while they AFK'd for the day/night soaking up exp.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2653
Quote:
6. AFK camping is not respected and is frowned upon, if caught afk camping you will be booted to the character select screen.

Simply going AFK while waiting for the next spawn at your camp is fine, as long as you are back at your computer before the spawn happens. If the next spawn occurs and you don't act to engage it relatively quickly, then other people waiting can take over your camp. Sometimes douches demand that you instantly engage the next spawn in order to maintain the camp. Other people are generally more easy going and give you a few minutes to get back or try to ask you in tells to check if you are there before they attempt to engage. Some even give the camp back if you ask nicely after getting back from an unexpectedly long AFK, but they are not under any obligation to do so.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

tyvm for clarification, I was thinking i would have to quit the game if I could not camp this way.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're going to AFK then make sure your character is at the camp and you engage the mob within a couple minutes after it spawns. People who contest you on that are generally the rule lawyering twats that are gonna cause you an issue regardless of what you're doing.
Closed Thread