Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-27-2023, 07:23 PM
Orc

Default Green + Blue = Purple

Something a lot of people don’t consider; if a server merge were to occur, both Green and Blue could easily be combined without either needing to ‘subsume’ the other. The new server could simply be called Purple. This way people on Green don’t have to feel bad about being ‘merged’ into blue, and vice-versa, both servers get to preserve their identity and become something new. Then, the new server could be made (wouldn’t be splitting server into 3 different places, there could simply be legacy players (purple) and people on the fresh/new server).

I play on Green and love the server, but would also love to try the fresh EQ experience out!!! This would be a perfect way to introduce new servers while still preserving the identity of both servers

-Sweagen

Characters: Fappas (Level 50 Halfling Cleric - Green)
Old 02-27-2023, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

all you did was re-brand the current plan
Old 02-27-2023, 07:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all you did was re-brand the current plan
Well, it might mostly be a rebranding, but it also makes sense from a population standpoint as well as a colour theory standpoint. It could make the idea a lot more palatable to people who are against the idea of a merge is the idea. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Characters: Fappas (Level 50 Halfling Cleric - Green)
Old 02-27-2023, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweagen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, it might mostly be a rebranding, but it also makes sense from a population standpoint as well as a colour theory standpoint. It could make the idea a lot more palatable to people who are against the idea of a merge is the idea. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if i called a bullet a freedom injector, you'd still be dead

not sayin i oppose server merges and green 2.0, the sooner the better.

im saying that before you post a new thread, ask yourself this: "Do my half baked asinine brain malfunctions really need to become their own thread?"

If you feel like the answer is no, then don't post the thread.

if you feel like the answer is yes, it still doesn't need to be a thread.

and this thread shoulda gone to RnF, you scared?
Old 02-27-2023, 07:40 PM
Kobold

Purple is blue mixed with red. Isn't the combination of green and blue called blue-green? Or is it cyan, turquoise or teal? I dunno.. I'm colorblind. The colors all look the same.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Purple is blue mixed with red. Isn't the combination of green and blue called blue-green? Or is it cyan, turquoise or teal? I dunno.. I'm colorblind. The colors all look the same.
The art majors vs the electronics and physics majors battle to the death over additive and subtractive primaries [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So yeah you are both correct in a sense. When colors mix as light in the form of radiation they add, but when you mix paints people perceive those as "primaries" of a sort but your actually subtracting colors as colored objects and paints act as 'filters' for light.

Using RGB as the primary positive colors and respecting paints or pigments as subtractive filters is the way to be the most correct.
Old 02-27-2023, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweagen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My only criticism is future proofing us from living in a brown server that keeps getting browner every 3 years, bwahahahaha
Old 02-28-2023, 01:21 PM
Orc

Green + blue does not make purple lol
Old 02-28-2023, 04:00 PM
Banned

Yeah this is basically just the current plan, although I agree with you that people get very touchy about the name of the color server they play on. "Teal" players still bemoan the merger into filthy "Green", but they could have easily just called the resulting server "Teal" instead of green and then the green people would be bitching. The servers merged, it's a completely neutral action you dumbos.

The big issue with the merger is that many legacy items from green will suddenly be co-mingling with the blue economy, but they could just make it so that any character that was created on green can't trade legacy items to any character that was created on blue, nor any character created post-merger. So blue players can still sell manastones to other blue players, and green players can still sell manastones to other green players, and the economies stay separate for those items only.
Old 02-28-2023, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Just merge green into blue as originally intended and start over. The endless debate doesn't really matter to anyone other than tunnel fat cats.

New starters who want to play on a 14 year old server just got more help in terms of cheap available pixels, or they can go for the new twink free rusty scythe option.