Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-05-2013, 12:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Necro's and their current lameness

I am posting this on behalf of necros everywhere...

it is my understanding, that due to an issue with the ivandyr hoop, back in the day. that necros and lifetaps in general got nerfed hard core.

the most recent patch fixed these issues very nicely... on red... which im sure helps the 3 necros of there, but i want to help the 50+ on blue... making splurt, and lifesteal unresistible on red was a great start... share the love... it is unreasonable, that i can take my 60 necro to trak, and not hit him, to gore, sev, tal, or hey, anything on island 5 and higher in sky. cant touch spiroc lord or above...

please fix blue like you did red...
Old 11-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am posting this on behalf of necros everywhere...

it is my understanding, that due to an issue with the ivandyr hoop, back in the day. that necros and lifetaps in general got nerfed hard core.

the most recent patch fixed these issues very nicely... on red... which im sure helps the 3 necros of there, but i want to help the 50+ on blue... making splurt, and lifesteal unresistible on red was a great start... share the love... it is unreasonable, that i can take my 60 necro to trak, and not hit him, to gore, sev, tal, or hey, anything on island 5 and higher in sky. cant touch spiroc lord or above...

please fix blue like you did red...
This doesn't have anything to do with Ivandyr's Hoop.

Lifetaps are not unresistable.

Trakanon MR 1000
Lifetap Resist check -200
Old 11-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

No, the guys is right. Lifetaps don't land the way they should on raid mobs. Necros cannot damage dragons at all, they should be able to.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...andyr%27s+Hoop

Quote:
Ivandyr's Hoop
This item has caused an inbalance in the raid game, and as such we have made some changes. In addition to a global resist increase to all lifetap spells, Ivandyr's Hoop has had it's rarity slightly increased, it has had it's merchant value removed (it can not be sold or recharged to merchants), and it will be disabled in Veeshan's Peak. We will evaluate if further changes need to be made.
Edit: Ouch nevermind. Well, at some point in velious I think the spectre pet is immune to fear, so there's that to look forward to.
Last edited by Hitpoint; 11-05-2013 at 02:39 PM..
Old 11-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Project Manager

This is era specific to what they should be. Lifetaps went from completely unresistable to a resist mod, which is correct.

Here's some reading.
http://web.archive.org/web/200101231...ML/000930.html
http://web.archive.org/web/200101271...ML/001495.html
Old 11-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Here's a list from 2002 of what lands and what doesn't land. I remember not being able to land shit on Trakanon and basically any Kunark/Velious era monster for a long time. I believe Verant addressed Necros not landing shit during the Late Velious/early Luclin era.

http://web.archive.org/web/200212210...?TOPIC_ID=9151

In general, Necros are insanely weak during the Kunark/Velious era. This was intended, as everyone cried about Necros being overpowered during classic, and Verant responded by making Necros complete garbage during the proceeding expansions. They of course went overboard, but this is Verant we're talking about. They're not very good at gameplay balance.

Only when dot stacking was implemented and the cap on how many spells could land on a mob was increased did things get better for Necromancers during raids. There were other changes as well -- nukes not having the skeleton illusion, pets being unfearable, etc etc etc.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

ok read through those readings Nilbog, found this quote and comment.

quote:
Originally posted by Frontosa:
Lifetaps worked on cazic thule last time I tried....also bond worked fine
I havent tried dots do to the bug mentioned above so I cant comment on those.

I assume cazic is a uber mob?

hehe

No to be honest Cazik is wussy, so Innoruk are - they barely hit in mid 200s which nothing even for caster at his/her 50s. Lesser dragons like Nafagen and Vox also already long time dont counts as uver mobs. I am talking about Phara, Siverwing, Trakanon, Ixiblat (sp) and similar lvl mobs - but even they after SoV not uber they rather medium high - Velektor, Wuosy, named treant in PoG - those are uber - we have excatly 0% chance hit em with anything and this taking in account 100Khp+ for each mob

if we could hit cazic, inny, draco, and maestro, would still be an improvement.

and why did red server get lifetaps to be unresistant, but we dont? It is also stated that necro lifetaps are the second most unresistable spells in the game, behind dragon fire (which is the same as wizard lure line). so wizards can just hit everything, and number 2, necros get nothing? if this is so, (and i havent checked) i would assume mages and druids cant hit anything at all either.

every other class, its clear what you will be doing from level 15, all the way through the game. warriors swing weapons, druids buff and heal, mages summon pets and nuke. but necros dot and lifesteal, but in end game, we give others mana, and cast dmf ONLY. i dont mind casting dmf, but then just sitting on the sidelines doesnt make sense.

i may not fully understand the exact principle this server runs on as far as do whats classic, and or do what makes sense within the as close to classic as possible mind set. it seems that the server (which i have played on for nearly 2 years now) holds true to classic, unless they deem that something done in classic is bad? which makes sense. for example, fixing the rotting skeleton in TD, so you cant go from level 14-44 in under 6 hours... that makes sense to fix, although it is in no way classic. if i made a character on live i could go there right now, and do that (assuming i had a couple k of gold to turn in)

i feel that this is one of those cases, that the developers broke, and way over broke, there should be some middle ground. letting splurt hit an ubermob (as the forums you linked called them) its only going to land once, and if the raid is decided by 1 splurt, then thats funny. but lifetaps should be allowed (i feel i am ranting and have made my point so i am stopping)
Old 11-05-2013, 07:19 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and why did red server get lifetaps to be unresistant, but we dont?
Quote:
[PvP] A number of spells have been made unresistible, such as Rapture, the Winged Death line, the Lifetap line, and Splurt.
Perhaps my notes weren't terribly clear, but that patch note applies to PvP interactions only. PvE spell resists function the same way on R99 as they do on P99.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

i figured the [PVP] was denoting the red server... not that act of PVP itself. but thanks for the clarifications.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:10 AM
Sarnak

I guess the point the dev's are trying to make is, they try to make P99 reflect certain periodic fixes that was done in EQ, wich means if its within the scope of P99 vanilla -> Velious they will change the way things work if it was changed in Original EQ during that period (1999-2002).

However there still is several mechanics in P99 that don't reflect Original EQ at all, not because they can't make it, but because the devs have another agenda than just making P99 reflect all design flaws that existed in EQ during those years. Surely some of these flaws was not good for the health of the game, but many smaller flaws and odd things wich either was just fun or gave players a small benefit have been pointed out to the devs, and they just totally ignore it, wich makes me go into
/rant on
Are P99 supposed to be "How Vanilla-Velious EQ was"
or just "How the devs feel EQ was supposed to be"
"We feel free to change how we think P99 should be"
Remember how you try to sell P99 ... "Classic EQ"
/rant off
Old 11-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Fire Giant

On live, atleast through to kunark which is relevant here, necro lifetaps were barely ever resisted by any mob. Cleric nukes land more on high end content than necro lifetaps at the moment on p99....