Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-17-2023, 08:04 PM
Orc

Default Do I have a right to be mad about ppl constantly ragequitting

Like it sometimes feels like I’m the only person (well aside from paisley I guess but she only plays for like 2-3 hrs at a time) who isn’t super easily tilted and ragequits when things become a bit inconvenient

Dam I don’t wanna go into examples right now but it’s like, can we maybe just play the game or is it really too much to ask

Or do conditions need to be ‘perfect’ for other ppl to consider actually playing the game, grouping, farming, getting xp etc? Like imo it is and should be a chill game but a lot of ppl don’t consider it to be?? Idk

What are ur experiences, do u find ppl ragequit a lot or nah

Characters: Fappas (Level 50 Halfling Cleric - Green)
Old 02-17-2023, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

Relax wokecat
Old 02-17-2023, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

Filed under mental illness
Old 02-17-2023, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2023, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

I have seen just one person actually ragequit from P99 in over 12 years on the server. I would consider it a super, super rare occurrence and typically only affects those who are extremely mentally unstable to begin with.

This was many moons ago, around when Kunark came out. The guild I was in was had a female GL who was a serious cunt (who I will not name here) and a pussy-whipped hubby that was an officer. We were in a Seb King group guild farming Fungis when it was a commodity and sold for 150k. It was more or less NBG policy, but the assumption was we would all get one. First one drops, goes immediate to the hubby for being MT. Next one went to the GL (for an alt). Next one, the GL claims for another guildie. Next one, she took it again for a "friend." I was more or less laughing my ass off at the unfairness but my buddy raged so hard. It went on in /guild for hours. He proceeded to ragequit and never came back to the game. Pretty funny that a cunt could be so cunty.

This wasn't a ragequit, but I was in a PUG in Seb and THREE RBGs dropped in less than 4 hours. It was more or less a miracle. However, we did not institute a policy and the same guy won all 3 with /roll 100. On the last one, I rolled a 99 and lost. Again, some of the funniest shit I've ever seen in the game. And yes, he corpsed the other 2.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:53 PM
Banned

You're a new player.

You're probably playing with min/max neckbeards who haven't slept in 18 years and they want EVERYTHING to be perfect, efficient, cost effective, and ideal.

Tell them you're new and maybe they'll find a place in their cold dead heart to have patience with you.

I assume you're the problem because I am an asshole.

And no, self awareness doesn't excuse my behavior, but fuck you anyway I'm gonna go put my fist through drywall.
Old 02-17-2023, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have seen just one person actually ragequit from P99 in over 12 years on the server. I would consider it a super, super rare occurrence and typically only affects those who are extremely mentally unstable to begin with.

This was many moons ago, around when Kunark came out. The guild I was in was had a female GL who was a serious cunt (who I will not name here) and a pussy-whipped hubby that was an officer. We were in a Seb King group guild farming Fungis when it was a commodity and sold for 150k. It was more or less NBG policy, but the assumption was we would all get one. First one drops, goes immediate to the hubby for being MT. Next one went to the GL (for an alt). Next one, the GL claims for another guildie. Next one, she took it again for a "friend." I was more or less laughing my ass off at the unfairness but my buddy raged so hard. It went on in /guild for hours. He proceeded to ragequit and never came back to the game. Pretty funny that a cunt could be so cunty.

This wasn't a ragequit, but I was in a PUG in Seb and THREE RBGs dropped in less than 4 hours. It was more or less a miracle. However, we did not institute a policy and the same guy won all 3 with /roll 100. On the last one, I rolled a 99 and lost. Again, some of the funniest shit I've ever seen in the game. And yes, he corpsed the other 2.
I had the same thing happen to me with a Slime Blood. Makes you lose faith in the community, but what can you do?
Old 02-17-2023, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-17-2023, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this the same couple that got divorced and the Gl married some other member? i remember hearing stories about that

but yeah cunts gonna cunt
Old 02-17-2023, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[IMG][/IMG]
keeper