Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 08:36 PM
Sarnak

I’d say as far as forum threads go, this has had some of the most remarkably civil and rational responses as they come.

Everquest wasn’t really ever designed with the absolute casual player in mind. I’ve played ESO, WoW, and a handful of others, and none of them have required the time commitment that EQ does. This is a game you just can’t log in and expect things to start happening for you immediately; there’s no group-finder, no quest hubs, and generally long distances to travel to even get to content. And as low as all that is on the quality-of-life meter, that’s also its charm. This world lives and breathes regardless if your online or not, so it’s unrealistic to expect people to change their behavior just because you want something. The main problem you’re faced with here is timing. There just isn’t enough for those high level characters to do in classic, so sadly areas that are meant for lower levels will get infringed upon.

I get it. I hate going to Crushbone and having a lvl 50 camping the entire throne room for belts and pads when I could be in there with 5 other people getting experience. It sucks. But unless the devs speed up the expac release schedule (unlikely), it isn’t likely to change, and in fact will probably just get worse in the 6 months we have left to go. There aren’t enough admins to try and enforce any type of camp time limit, nor would they since it’s not classic. I don’t know if you played EQ back in 1999 era, but this is much like it was then. Only difference I see is that more people now know about all the great cash camps and ZEM’s, so have crowded those areas to the limit. As has been said, I think just try and enjoy the journey. If you find you’re not, the TLP’s might be more your style (I played on Mangler for quite a while and enjoyed it).
Old 01-21-2020, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfalcon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See this is the irresponsible prick I was talking about.
LMAO how am I the irresponsible one when you're the one neglecting your children for an emulator of a 21-year-old elf sim lolol
Old 01-21-2020, 10:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LMAO how am I the irresponsible one when you're the one neglecting your children for an emulator of a 21-year-old elf sim lolol
Do you even have children? Or A child? That lives with you?
Old 01-21-2020, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can play 1 hour every two days!

Give me my cloak of flames and amulet of necropotence you pricks!!!

You're like the spoiled girl in Willy Wonka.

Go enjoy your family. Some "neckbeards" get to enjoy this in life instead of having that, you little spaz.
u sound like a 13 year old moron who people occasionally run into in groups
Old 01-22-2020, 06:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfalcon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again if you are already 50 you are at max xp and have full gear....what are you doing camping areas that 30s are level appropriate for? Why don't they leave until content is back for them to play instead of taking areas from the players who are level appropriate for them?
That player has just as much right to camp a mob as you do... and there are plenty of reasons a higher level player may be camping a lower level mob.

Factioning up so they are not KOS in some city.
Farming for Tradeskills, OMG so much farming needed.
Trying to spawn quest mobs on quests they are doing.

It's been posted many times in this thread, move to uncrowded zones and exp there.

Why don't you post your class and level (and where you have tried to exp and found these level 50 people). I am sure people will make suggestions of where you can go.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:44 AM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d say as far as forum threads go, this has had some of the most remarkably civil and rational responses as they come.

Everquest wasn’t really ever designed with the absolute casual player in mind. I’ve played ESO, WoW, and a handful of others, and none of them have required the time commitment that EQ does. This is a game you just can’t log in and expect things to start happening for you immediately; there’s no group-finder, no quest hubs, and generally long distances to travel to even get to content. And as low as all that is on the quality-of-life meter, that’s also its charm. This world lives and breathes regardless if your online or not, so it’s unrealistic to expect people to change their behavior just because you want something. The main problem you’re faced with here is timing. There just isn’t enough for those high level characters to do in classic, so sadly areas that are meant for lower levels will get infringed upon.

I get it. I hate going to Crushbone and having a lvl 50 camping the entire throne room for belts and pads when I could be in there with 5 other people getting experience. It sucks. But unless the devs speed up the expac release schedule (unlikely), it isn’t likely to change, and in fact will probably just get worse in the 6 months we have left to go. There aren’t enough admins to try and enforce any type of camp time limit, nor would they since it’s not classic. I don’t know if you played EQ back in 1999 era, but this is much like it was then. Only difference I see is that more people now know about all the great cash camps and ZEM’s, so have crowded those areas to the limit. As has been said, I think just try and enjoy the journey. If you find you’re not, the TLP’s might be more your style (I played on Mangler for quite a while and enjoyed it).
God...I've seen mushrooms with bigger brains....

Smelled better too! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2020, 07:47 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
u sound like a 13 year old moron who people occasionally run into in groups
Look at you....PATHETIC! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2020, 07:49 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That player has just as much right to camp a mob as you do... and there are plenty of reasons a higher level player may be camping a lower level mob.

Factioning up so they are not KOS in some city.
Farming for Tradeskills, OMG so much farming needed.
Trying to spawn quest mobs on quests they are doing.

It's been posted many times in this thread, move to uncrowded zones and exp there.

Why don't you post your class and level (and where you have tried to exp and found these level 50 people). I am sure people will make suggestions of where you can go.
You're a Chump, partner....

But you have some decent ideas!
Old 01-22-2020, 08:17 AM
Banned

All I hear about you is you moaning, Silverfalcon.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God...I've seen mushrooms with bigger brains....

I expected better of you Asteria

Smelled better too! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread