Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Where there is a will, there is a way. Team up with the EQClassic team?

Just doesnt make any sense to me, If they put in as much work as they are with making Titanium as "classic" as possible. Why not just buckle down and figure it out? I just dont understand it.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelk001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where there is a will, there is a way. Team up with the EQClassic team?

Just doesnt make any sense to me, If they put in as much work as they are with making Titanium as "classic" as possible. Why not just buckle down and figure it out? I just dont understand it.
Maybe Secrets will chime in with details, but if not I think it's safe to assume that if wasn't super difficult, it would already be done.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelk001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But why not just use the old Trilogy client like EQClassic?
How well is that server going??
Old 10-16-2019, 10:30 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How well is that server going??
Lol. I remember so many people turning up their noses at P1999 when we were launching. Because "EQClassic will be out in no time." Here we are 10 years later, with a second PVE server about to be launched. EQClassic still seemingly never going to launch. I am super surprised to still see EQClassic chatter at this point.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It will have the /guildwar command, and it might even have server-defined guilds that you can auto-join to PvP or something.

Various ideas have been suggested (there's a thread if you're curious), and the staff have confirmed that /guildwar will happen in some form ... but the details (AFAIK) are still 100% up in the air. Regardless, it seems like Green will have the potential to be a home for PvPers too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a nice touch. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm glad they decided to enable it.
I had to regrind 31-36 several times because of our guildwar and The Battle for Kithicor event during classic.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:17 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Patch file worked initially to let me log into the beta server. I tried to log another client on the same account onto Blue and it gave me the spell file patch error msg. After several tries I logged off beta and onto blue where it showed I did not have a single character on the character select screen. Repatched the F file again and tried to log into Blue and no luck gives me the spell file patch error msg.
Exact same issue
Old 10-17-2019, 07:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The first is a full overhaul to Nighttime Darkness that's been worked on by Blank and Telin. These changes utilize the Dynamic Lightning engine present in the Titanium client to restore full night time darkness to the player races that should be blind. This means that light sources (Fire Beetle Eyes, Torches, etc) and vision spells (Ultravision) have become very important to those races again. For more information, feedback, and bug reporting, please see this thread.
i rarely feel emotions relating to everquest anymore as they all died with the red server, but this got me feeling nostalgic again, i remember the first time i spawned into butcherblock 1999 and not seeing anything but thunder, rain and dwarfs running around with torches in their hand to illuminate the narrow path, true immersion that i hope can be recreated
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. I remember so many people turning up their noses at P1999 when we were launching. Because "EQClassic will be out in no time." Here we are 10 years later, with a second PVE server about to be launched. EQClassic still seemingly never going to launch. I am super surprised to still see EQClassic chatter at this point.
I admit, I was one of those. I was a hardcore follower of EQClassic from the time it peeked it's head out in late 2007 and it actually became a solid community starting in early 2008. I still go to the forums a couple times a month to say hi or check in.

I just don't think their vision can become a reality, and if it can, it will not be for some time. I played in the first auditor (beta) test and leveled up a Cleric from 1-60, with no experience boost, in the tutorial zone. Yes, no other zone, just the tutorial zone, from 1-60...

And I didn't even care. I just wanted to help in some way, to bring classic EQ back to the limelight. I reported as many bugs as I could, and then logged off and never went back. I could still log into the beta if I wanted to right now.

They have a great set of people over there, and I kinda feel bad for the one or two developers that still exist. EQClassic is a great example of what happens when drama gets in the way of a great project!

But, they have to do so much over there and it has already been twelve years. I just do not believe you can reverse-engineer the trilogy client to work again. And even if you could, you would need more than the 1 or 2 (if they are lucky) devs that are working on their own time to make it a reality.

Anyway, to get away from my rambling, when I first heard about Project 1999, I thought it was going to be some loose wanna-be Omens of War era-EQ game that looked a little classic. Basically, I thought it was going to be the same, sad, sorry excuse for a classic server that Sony would put out when they would release their "progression servers".

Those things were a complete joke!

But as I played and saw the dedication of the devs and (some) of the community, I realized that even though there was a long way to go when they launched in October of 2009, there was no limitation as to how far they would go.

And now look! There will never be anything this close again to the classic experience!
Old 10-17-2019, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I admit, I was one of those. I was a hardcore follower of EQClassic from the time it peeked
Christ, I went to those forums last night just to check them out. The drama! That first guy having a meltdown from angry PMs and abandoning years of work. The glacial pace of development. Beta tests every two years. Still nothing remotely playable. And you could see the forum progression, so many posts and then petering out and petering out and now it's just people like you checking in saying hi.

I don't think anyone there realistically expects this to progress and are probably just waiting for the final this is it post from that last guy working on it. Still, the amount of posts and community there, makes me sad it's going to die after all that time.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't think their vision can become a reality, and if it can, it will not be for some time. I played in the first auditor (beta) test and leveled up a Cleric from 1-60, with no experience boost, in the tutorial zone. Yes, no other zone, just the tutorial zone, from 1-60...
Wow. In the time this took you could have learned 2 code and built your own EQClassic.
Closed Thread