Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still remember that time BDA tried to help A-Team wit Trakanon one morning and Raev had no clue how to split mobs out of his room without training the raid.
I told people to hide around the corner and checked that they were, but Kekephee just had to peek <shrug> Typical BDA blaming their own mistakes on others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rampage wouldn't want BDA and that's why the leader of Rampage and several officers joined BDA after they split up. Makes total sense!
This is not the same and you're smart enough to know it.

Anyway, suppose BDA had not broken up the rotation, and it had continued until Velious launch. Do you think things would be different now, or not?
Old 05-17-2016, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodors Finest Poster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many threads were made about Asgard being dicks compared to BDA?
I can think of a couple that I personally piloted. Remember the whole Asgard are TMO alts thing? That's gotta be a fair number of threads right there.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 05-17-2016, 03:04 PM
Banned

Asgard has always been above reproach - Our glorious leader Pint (who denies being leader) lead us to victory over you scum bags numerous times
Old 05-17-2016, 03:08 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, BDA for years was selling themselves as 'we are the good guys, we could beat TMO but we won't stoop to their level of training etc'. When they blew up the rotation, they had to reindoctrinate their cult (hence all the 'NWO' propaganda about how Hulk Hogan went into his 'heel' phase and so on) and made a lot of noise about how the rotation was making guilds 'soft'. Then Velious launched and BDA was forced to confront the reality that they just weren't able to compete with either Rampage or F/A. BDA even failed at the Ring War multiple times with 70+ players, when with strategy it can be done with <50 and variance isn't an excuse there. And since the staff removed the R/C system (since they didn't feel like giving BDA/Divinity/Taken, three C sized guilds, a free rotation on Velious) BDA was simply stuck.

I mean, I totally get going to Phinny. It has two expansions that are generally recognized as pretty good. It doesn't have insane FTE poopsocking. It's the best decision for BDA. But the harsh reality is that BDA failed on basically every level possible here.

And yes, I know that Cloki formed Omni like 6 months before the rotation ended. Again, I was in the FAP forum reading the posts. In fact somewhere someone crossposted Chest's ragepost against omni to RNF. So you can read it yourself.
thx for share, zergling
Old 05-17-2016, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
\

Anyway, suppose BDA had not broken up the rotation, and it had continued until Velious launch. Do you think things would be different now, or not?
Not one bit. Rogean/Nilbog/Sirken all said as much in Velious preview streams that they were getting rid of the Class system, and they obviously don't care enough to revisit it.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-17-2016, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Wait a minute. I a) stopped banging my head against the wall trying to get the staff to implement a rotation and or favor the casual guilds b) got my velious pixels c) basically never tracked d) no longer have to do a huge amount of unpaid work as a guild leader. And you are somehow saying this was a failure on my part? How, exactly?
You said BDA failed. I remarked that BDA still exists and is having fun. I implied A-Team failed, because it no longer exists. I didn't say you failed, in fact, what I wrote was my estimation of your definition of success. So congrats.

And I stand by my statement that failure is the preferential option in this case, because BDA is still BDA and friends are still playing video games with friends. 6 months, a year or years from now, BDA is quite likely to still be doing BDA things and having fun doing it. Can't say the same for many other guilds.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You'd be belly-aching less, but fundamentally, no.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:21 PM
Banned

Ya literally the only difference would be Swish would have less meaningless shit to bitch about. End result exactly the same.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think the staff might have been more inclined to keep the players enjoying a player made agreement, for sure.

Maybe there'll be something for emerging casual guilds in the future? By that I don't mean established guilds (all of the old Class R ones).

The saddest thing about P99 I think is still the chokehold existing guilds have on content...there's not much chance for progression for leveling guilds with their sights set on starting to raid. I'd include Clue, Fires of Heaven, Venerate, maybe Veloci Shift in that bracket at the moment. If they can hold their members, I think it bodes well for a healthy casual raid scene in the future.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still remember that time BDA tried to help A-Team wit Trakanon one morning and Raev had no clue how to split mobs out of his room without training the raid.

Truly one of the worst played monks on the server. But he did get into Rampage in time to get Fungi robe, so I guess that's a victory.
To be fair, Loraen just started playing monk at that point. He's drastically better now.

Loraen is a nice guy with something interesting ideas on how to do mobs with lower numbers, but he probably shouldn't have been a guild leader of the A-Team after leaving the first time. He went through these phases where he got sick of not doing targets with the A-Team, left for IB, got burned out in IB, came back to the A-Team, then repeat by actually bringing the guild to IB to form Rampage. Now, Loraen is back in his raid burned out phase. Ha.

The original A-Team would have been super fun in Velious, but somehow the class system got all these new people in A-Team that quickly became officers and changed the direction of the guild. Honestly, Svenn, Maurice, Tecmos, and Save were probably the best A-Team officers because they didn't care about getting big targets and instead enjoyed "playing the game".

Raiding with Rampage seriously for like 3-4 weeks in Kunark was probably the least fun I have had on this server, no offense to the people in that guild. It just involved camping out and tracking in VP. I had to borrow someone's level 60 bard just to be able to do most of the targets since Zanderr was camped out in VP. Super boring and impossible to play competitively if you don't have two 60 characters or alts.
Closed Thread