Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Server Chat

Old 10-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Kobold

Being a casual player on both red and blue, people do have a very skewed opinion of red.

Leveling up on red is not only extremely fast but it is also more enjoyable.

On red, you will pretty much group with anybody. People will quote this and say shit like "yeah good luck finding anybody dead server lul" but the thing is people will basically always switch to an alt for the opportunity to join a group because of the exp bonus. I don't remember ever having a problem finding at least a workable trio. Even if it's not optimal at all, it doesn't matter. Still extremely fast exp and it's fun seeing some goon squad group that you wouldn't see on blue because of 'muh efficiency'

PvP? I've yet to see it be a real problem (granted, my highest character is low 50's). I've ran into a couple pvper's but only died once. And wow, he got 10 platinum and it took me 5 minutes to get to my corpse. Meanwhile, in 6 hours I leveled from 30 to 40 in a non-twinked casual group.

No economy? Who cares, less time sitting around EC and people will just give away old stuff.

People also talk shit on the raid scene of red, but is it really that much worse than blue? This is a genuine question since I haven't raided on either.

Now I'm not going to pretend Red is some sort of perfect universe and everyone and their mother should feel bad for not participating. It's definitely a drag that you could run through every zone on Antonica and find maybe 5 people. Sure, I'd much prefer pvp teams. Sure, pvp in EQ in general is lame 90% of the time.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just noticed this guy is in <Rustle>

hes prob mad we recently had a few rustle members come over

they replaced and surpassed their raid geared toons on blue in 2 months time vs 3 years neck-bearding on blue
Why is this Red bully coming onto our forums and making fun of our PvE progression?
Old 10-12-2017, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just noticed this guy is in <Rustle>

hes prob mad we recently had a few rustle members come over

they replaced and surpassed their raid geared toons on blue in 2 months time vs 3 years neck-bearding on blue
I'm not. I joined rustle a few months ago and never raided with them. I stopped playing again after that. This is the second time today a forum nerd has tried to trigger me about this so I'm guessing they are dead.

People joining red doesn't upset me. I am happy for anyone having fun playing on p99. You guys come over here with your shitpost and propaganda and then take it so personally when we want shit post and propaganda against u.

It's just forum fun, learn the difference.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not. I joined rustle a few months ago and never raided with them. I stopped playing again after that. This is the second time today a forum nerd has tried to trigger me about this so I'm guessing they are dead.

People joining red doesn't upset me. I am happy for anyone having fun playing on p99. You guys come over here with your shitpost and propaganda and then take it so personally when we want shit post and propaganda against u.

It's just forum fun, learn the difference.
I'm having lots of fun.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Are you really a new June '17 player and not another anon forum acct?
Old 10-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Aviak

If you really looked at my post history as you implied earlier I bet you can figure it out.

But I bet you lied about that too.

Things that are not a lie: everything I said; including I'm new. Including red isnt as bad as it is made out to be.

Unless you think I'm long conning you on thread I didn't start and one you posted on of your own volition.

But I'm as real as it gets.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you really a new June '17 player and not another anon forum acct?

You would be correct. I played live from 1999 to 2002. Quit after Legacy of Ykesha.

Finally took time to install this EMU and try it out.

On live, I was on the Fennin Ro server, the original home for the guild, TMO (The Mystical Order). While I was never part of or associated with TMO people, I was aware of one thing, how they literally had a choke hold on every boss mob for the current expansion. My guild was never able to see end game content for the current expansion. We were always stuck seeing monsters from 1 or 2 expansions behind the current active one.

When I came to P99 and logged into blue for a few levels, I quickly realized the experience was going to mirror my time on live. This was not attractive to me so I went to red. I've seen more content during my 4 months on red than I was ALLOWED to see on the live servers.

Do I PvP? Only in self defense, which is rare. Outside of that, I don't get harassed often. To me, PvP is a fair way to handle a dispute with other players in a manner akin to true roleplaying games such as D&D.

Baritune - level 55 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard
Qafsto - level 35 Cleric

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 10-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedalbeans [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you really looked at my post history as you implied earlier I bet you can figure it out.

But I bet you lied about that too.

Things that are not a lie: everything I said; including I'm new. Including red isnt as bad as it is made out to be.
sorry when did I imply that? i would never want to spend my time looking at ur post history

as per your stick up the butthole fixation on my "lies," i already mentioned that I misunderstood something Xaanka said about your potential identity.

Since you're new here, you probably don't realize how many previously banned players roll new forum accounts with stupid names and no avatar pics.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would be correct. I played live from 1999 to 2002. Quit after Legacy of Ykesha.

Finally took time to install this EMU and try it out.

On live, I was on the Fennin Ro server, the original home for the guild, TMO (The Mystical Order). While I was never part of or associated with TMO people, I was aware of one thing, how they literally had a choke hold on every boss mob for the current expansion. My guild was never able to see end game content for the current expansion. We were always stuck seeing monsters from 1 or 2 expansions behind the current active one.

When I came to P99 and logged into blue for a few levels, I quickly realized the experience was going to mirror my time on live. This was not attractive to me so I went to red. I've seen more content during my 4 months on red than I was ALLOWED to see on the live servers.

Do I PvP? Only in self defense, which is rare. Outside of that, I don't get harassed often. To me, PvP is a fair way to handle a dispute with other players in a manner akin to true roleplaying games such as D&D.
welcome to p99, it sounds like you'll enjoy the red server and I hope you have a good time there.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Kobold

Red face

Frederic: So you're sure you want to leave? Where you going to go?
The Kid: To see what the rest of the wasteland looks like.
Frederic: Well there's not much to see there, kid.
The Kid: I know.