Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Server Chat

Old 08-25-2017, 02:22 PM
Aviak

Talking An open re-invitation to P99 Red

Greetings from the red server! I wanted to reach to the good people of the blue server an offer a warm hand of friendship. Recently, a few new players have crossed over to the red server. I personally enjoy welcoming new people and making them feel at home! That being said, I was surprised to see a handful of new faces and asked what brought them over.

Apparently, grouping and raiding politics have gotten bad on the blue server. Many named mobs are camped, raid bosses claimed by the same people, and overall the server feels very crowded.

We don't have that drama on the red server! Every monster is up for grabs. Our motto is this, "This is a red red server, red things happen." If you want to camp THAT monster, you can use your words and negotiate with the person camping it.....OR you can settle the dispute with VIOLENCE!

I recently became an officer of a guild called Sanctuary. We're dedicated to offering friendly groups, assistance to new players on the server, and most of all....a drama free environment. Do we want to raid down the road? Sure. But for now, we'd love to build up a decent community on the red server.

Why should you join us? Many of you already know these facts, but they need repeating. Just look at the reasons below!

1. Incredible XP bonuses for grouping. For each person in your group, you will receive an increase of 40% XP per kill! If you come to the red server with a friend OR offer to duo a current Red player, you'll a brand new level 50+ character in no time.

2. Server wide OOC chat. This serves two purposes. The first is to help facilitate a PvP rule known as Loot and Scoot. The other is to help find groups faster.

3. And as I stated earlier, no set camps! Take what you want! Due to the low population though, I doubt you'll have to fight anyone for anything.

My guild is currently getting some lowbie groups going for the new members and our alts. I'm inviting any of you to join us and enjoy the drama free environment!

My character names are as follows.

Baritune - my bard main
Weegee - wizard alt.

I can usually be found between 8pm-12am EST. Don't be shy. Come by and say hi!
Old 08-25-2017, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Red's dead baby

Red's dead
Old 08-25-2017, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

New brand ambassador for ded99?

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 08-25-2017, 03:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New brand ambassador for ded99?
Hey, no need to be salty. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Why not come on over and give it a go?
Old 08-25-2017, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

i have my reasons to not give it another go
Old 08-25-2017, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

By endorsing this thread I hope I'm allowed to continue posting here. Give it a try ^^
Old 08-25-2017, 04:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From your join date OP I can only deduct that you are either brand new to Red and have no idea what you are really talking about or that your normal forum account has been suspended because you are a toxic troll that we have all come to expect from Red and this is a dishonest post to lure unsuspecting players into your graveyard.

I'm a player that used to be on live from 2000 to 2003. After many years I wanted to enjoy EQ again. So I joined P99. After reaching level 5 on the blue server and realizing the grind was just like the old days, I said NO to that and joined red. I'm rocking a 50+ bard now and a level 28 Wizard, all from casual play over 3 months.

Are there dickish players on red? Yes. Just like they are nasty goons on blue who monopolize half the content WE ALL SHOULD BE ABLE TO ENJOY.

In regards to the trolls on red, they're really only at the lower levels. Once you hit 40+ bracket, it becomes harder to merely face-roll someone because twink gear isn't as easy to come by.

So to answer your question, no trolling here.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a player that used to be on live from 2000 to 2003. After many years I wanted to enjoy EQ again. So I joined P99. After reaching level 5 on the blue server and realizing the grind was just like the old days, I said NO to that and joined red. I'm rocking a 50+ bard now and a level 28 Wizard, all from casual play over 3 months.

Are there dickish players on red? Yes. Just like they are nasty goons on blue who monopolize half the content WE ALL SHOULD BE ABLE TO ENJOY.

In regards to the trolls on red, they're really only at the lower levels. Once you hit 40+ bracket, it becomes harder to merely face-roll someone because twink gear isn't as easy to come by.

So to answer your question, no trolling here.
You seem like a good-hearted feller. You would be more than welcome on Blue, when you are defeated and lonely please consider coming on over, mate.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Staff got trolled into making r99 by vztz players. If anything, they should revert back to old world only but it's too late at this point.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
offer a warm hand of friendship
If its warm its probably because they farted on it just before reaching out.