Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 02:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Another thing to note is that multiquesting was never big business back in the day, the same way it is here.

Certainly you'd have guildies and friends helping eachother with MQ's, but selling them were nowhere near as widespread, many players didn't even know about MQ'ing.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

I have to agree with Westcreek because I played live from 1999-2001 and I knew players who got to their epic level. They wouldn't even be in a guild but from word of mouth, they would be able to get different guilds and higher level players to help them because it was helping another player out and helping them get their epic. It wasn't about the whole "what's in it for us" or "how much you going to pay" thinking it is now with P99.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to agree with Westcreek because I played live from 1999-2001 and I knew players who got to their epic level. They wouldn't even be in a guild but from word of mouth, they would be able to get different guilds and higher level players to help them because it was helping another player out and helping them get their epic. It wasn't about the whole "what's in it for us" or "how much you going to pay" thinking it is now with P99.
This has nothing to do with epics or MQing directly though. It is a function of how folks actually play the game differently on p99 than they did on live. For a great variety of reasons, the core interaction of players is different here than it was on live.

So, even though what you're saying is true I don't see what it has to do with the gripe the OP brought up in the first place. It has to do with everything that happens here.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, even though what you're saying is true I don't see what it has to do with the gripe the OP brought up in the first place. It has to do with everything that happens here.
Well I believe his gripe is that if you want to get your epic on P99 then you either have to join a raiding guild for a chance to obtain the pieces even if you don't like the guild or the players in the guild.

Or you camp an area over and over to make at least 40-60K to buy certain pieces to get your epic.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I believe his gripe is that if you want to get your epic on P99 then you either have to join a raiding guild for a chance to obtain the pieces even if you don't like the guild or the players in the guild.

Or you camp an area over and over to make at least 40-60K to buy certain pieces to get your epic.
And???

How is that not classic eq?
Old 03-21-2017, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is. There's no valid complaint. Epics aren't meant to be easy; they're meant to be the supreme weapons of the era. Through oversight on behalf of SoE, some of them just happen to be easier to complete than others. But it really gets funny when people with easy epics start complaining. Tears about tears? Try being a warrior or bard.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
And???

I played from 1999-2001, which I would consider to be classic EQ and I don't recall a single time during those three years that someone had to spend 60K to buy a tear.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I played from 1999-2001, which I would consider to be classic EQ and I don't recall a single time during those three years that someone had to spend 60K to buy a tear.
i spent 4k on a vox book for my paladin during your classic period
Old 03-22-2017, 09:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seen sirfloppin on at all lately? Have you seen his thread in EC lately? I'd love to see a log of when the last time AM has killed a mob in hate. I was actually thinking of starting to put together a team to farm it since we have several mages that need epics.
Sirfloppin? No, it's been a few weeks, but I'm not friends with him and know none of his alts, so doesn't really mean he hasn't been on.

And I hate to burst your bubble. But aftermath has people in hate quite often, so does awakened. I have a tracker parked their and I see them killing things at the fountain all the time.

And do it, put a team together, get your mages some epics.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sirfloppin? No, it's been a few weeks, but I'm not friends with him and know none of his alts, so doesn't really mean he hasn't been on.

And I hate to burst your bubble. But aftermath has people in hate quite often, so does awakened. I have a tracker parked their and I see them killing things at the fountain all the time.

And do it, put a team together, get your mages some epics.
You see people with aftermath and awakened tags, neither guild however is actively raiding hate. There are individuals who go there to make plat. Just seems kind of stupid that you generalize guilds with over 100 members in them because you see 3 people with the same tag in plane of hate.
Closed Thread