Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godefroi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
12 weeks to unlock expansion is way too fucking fast.

P99 has proven time and times again that slow unlock is the wtg for healthy pop
When the server is going to be locked at certain point I don't think it matters all that much. But for a server that is eventually going to catch up to live, slower is definitely better.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

I wonder if this might mount some pressure on the staff here to start introducing a new expansion for p99 maybe in mid 2018 for luclin...but I doubt it, when BDA left to phinny nothing really changed that much in-game, just the longest winded thread in this forum's history.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if this might mount some pressure on the staff here to start introducing a new expansion for p99 maybe in mid 2018 for luclin...but I doubt it, when BDA left to phinny nothing really changed that much in-game, just the longest winded thread in this forum's history.
Oh you can rest assured P99 will never add content. Past Velious or custom, not going to happen. Daybreak would drop the hammer in an instant with a Cease and Desist. The fact they allow P99 to continue as is, is a PR move nothing more.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm considering starting on this server. I have recently heard that Rangers really came into their own Luclin-PoP (I stopped playing EQ shortly after Luclin released), so that's pretty cool.

But Paladins have always been my favorite class. Can anyone tell me if they start to get some love Luclin-PoP, or are they still pretty much the red-headed stepchild even with those expansions?

Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started PoP as an off-tank raid pally. By the end of PoP I was in a heal chain with druids/shamans. All those healing AA made us better healers than tanks. =(
Old 03-20-2017, 05:45 PM
Kobold

Not going to lie, I enjoyed everything about EQ all the way through PoP. Most of my raiding experience comes from this expansion and I loved every second of it. I'm really enjoying P99, but I may give this a closer look.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

I'd be semi-interested in this. Anyone have a short version of what came with LDoN? I quit live during LoY, and even then my memory is hazy.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be semi-interested in this. Anyone have a short version of what came with LDoN? I quit live during LoY, and even then my memory is hazy.
LDoN's big thing was just lots of new instanced dungeons for various levels, interspersed throughout the existing zones. Basically an attempt at overhauling the xp grind and small-group stuff rather than adding new raid content.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 03-20-2017, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LDoN's big thing was just lots of new instanced dungeons for various levels, interspersed throughout the existing zones. Basically an attempt at overhauling the xp grind and small-group stuff rather than adding new raid content.
Some of the LDON raids actually have very good loot...the content isn't great, but the reward was actually pretty good.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Several differently themed dungeons (Takish, the lost elves of Ro; Guk; Mistmoore; Miraguls Lair and Ro Orcs) accessed by adventures.

Several different types of adventures, including item collection, npc rescue, npc assassination through to straight ploughing through mobs.

The charm slot: items that get better under certain conditions.

Augmentations: customisable boosts for items.

After every success in a dungeon you would unlock a new lore snippet and after a few you would upgrade your charm augmentation.

Loot (duh)

Vendors for each adventure theme: earn points to unlock and buy better equipment and spells.

You could take Adventures from level 15. Adventures could be grouped or raids.

LDoN added some incredible raid augs.
Last edited by Jimjam; 03-20-2017 at 07:17 PM..
Old 03-20-2017, 07:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the server is going to be locked at certain point I don't think it matters all that much. But for a server that is eventually going to catch up to live, slower is definitely better.
p99 locks at Vel
Closed Thread