Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 03:50 AM
Fire Giant

reroll, uggos
Old 10-30-2019, 06:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, also, re: the hybrid penalty. That prejudice is maybe a lot more common than you think. I’ve seen people being out right rude to hybrids and having no problems with telling them why.
Those players won't last.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those players won't last.
Did you play on blue?

People complained about grouping with (and some even refused to group with too many) hybrids up until the day they removed the penalty. Which was, of course, a LOT longer time period than the penalty will exist on green. Of course "those players" will last.

Reality doesn't adjust to your wishes just because you state your wishes out loud as if they were true.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-30-2019 at 07:00 AM..
Old 10-30-2019, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a high elf cleric and wood elf druid and both classes are overly represented right now in Gfay. Clerics are great if you can devote the time to grouping because after lvl 10 they suck bad at soloing. At least Druids can rock the solo 1-60 if needed to. They get better at it as they level up due to animal charms, dots and quad kite spells.

Every group likes 1 tank, 1 healer and 1 CC. That leaves three slots for DPS. Monks and rangers get dps or pulling spot. So I would only be a ranger if one I didnt mind the hybrid penalty and I likeed pulling because you will be asked to a lot. But man is it nice being able to fear kite solo as a ranger along with sow and invis.

Of course rogues are most wanted of all. Every group loves to have more than one of them, guilds love to get as many as they can get and you don't have the groups lives in your hands the way pullers and healers do.

Rangers can't panic animal till Velious actually so ya. Face tanking and root rotting with arrows or kiting with them and snare is about all you got solo.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:28 AM
Banned

I’ve learned (again) how extreme the TRL SK XP penalty is
In just one evening of DE CLR session I was able to approach my 1.5 weekend TRL SK gains

ThX 4 the thotS & 👏🏽🙏🏽 lads
Old 10-30-2019, 09:27 AM
Sarnak

15 wiz here. The prejudice is real and there are plenty of assholes who won't bother grouping with me. Lucky for me, there are enough cool people about that hitting places like Befallen and Najena isn't a problem, but yeah.

I got to say, though, that people are pretty goddamn bad at this decades-old game. The lack of knowledge, whether it be basal or more advanced, is simply astounding. Then again, it's nothing to be proud of to be good at this particular elf sim.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

As a ranger, I face meleed and then arrow kited until mob died.

Would do again.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Struggling here but it wouldn't be Classic if I wasn't vacillating between bard and ranger. Have both to 4 but am seriously considering a reroll to monk, rogue or warrior--something with less of an experience penalty and more of an incentive to group. Already feel myself slipping into the place where I do nothing but solo and I swore this time would be different.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Play the bard and group.r
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play the bard and group.r