Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

This falls under the "Nobody Knows" category, but I'd say probably Kunark.

I kinda hope they don't. Maybe I'll finally get ~warder loot~
Old 11-05-2019, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m guessing the population cap the developers have in their heads raises when a new expansion releases.
Devs think Classic can only support 1500 comfortably, there are 1900 on Green and 800 on Teal, so Teal stays open.
Devs think Kunark can support 2000 comfortably, 1800 on Green and 700 on Teal, so Teal stays open.
Devs think Velious can support 2500 comfortably, 1700 on Green and 600 on Teal, time for the merger.

But I could be wrong about how they look at it.
I'm assuming it also depends on how many people their records show are playing on both simultaneously. I think they would exclude those from the population of one server or the other when considering population numbers for a merge, since once merged they of course wouldn't be able to play two characters at once.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m guessing the population cap the developers have in their heads raises when a new expansion releases.
Devs think Classic can only support 1500 comfortably, there are 1900 on Green and 800 on Teal, so Teal stays open.
Devs think Kunark can support 2000 comfortably, 1800 on Green and 700 on Teal, so Teal stays open.
Devs think Velious can support 2500 comfortably, 1700 on Green and 600 on Teal, time for the merger.

But I could be wrong about how they look at it.
It could be about level dispersion too, if a majority of the folks are at the levels to use the new zones it'll feel crowded as the continent absorbs all those folks and leaves older zones rather vacant.
Closed Thread