Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Orc

Default Just a few starter questions. DE wizard on Teal

Greets all!

I just started up last night. I'm only level 3 so far. I started agnostic but I've seen a few people saying to go Solusek Ro. Is that something I should be restarting for before moving in too deep?

Also, Are any of the nearby zones better for the first 5-6 levels than outside the DE city? Just curious, I have also seen somebody on the forums say North Ro was a really nice place to hunt as a starter. Thanks all!
Old 11-04-2019, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Imbued_Platinum_Fire_Ring

You can wear these rings sometime around late Kunark/Velious if you worship Solusek Ro. Are they very nice rings? Yes. Will they make a meaningful difference if you're still playing your Wiz by that time? Not really. Because by that time you will already likely have rings like:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Solidate_Mithril_Ring

and

https://wiki.project1999.com/Band_of_Eternal_Flame

I have a pair of the Imbued rings on my Wiz on Blue and never wear them because the extra mana isn't worth the negative STR 99% of the time. They're really nice twink gear when paired with a TBB, but that's about it. But they are an option you don't get otherwise. Solusek Ro faction is also basically identical to being agnostic, but you start amiable instead of indifferent to the Temple of Solusek Ro for quests.

So while Sol Ro is technically the min/max deity choice, at this point in the timeline it's not a big deal because you'll be waiting so long for those rings anyway.

As for hunting, stay in Nek until 7, then head to WC.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Solusek Ro is essentially agnostic with some extra bonuses to knights of truth priests of marr the keepers in the temple faction and a diety ring. Its not much but its a beautiful flavor.

Theres no negatives to Solusek ro so most pick it.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflondon75 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious, I have also seen somebody on the forums say North Ro was a really nice place to hunt as a starter. Thanks all!
That was probably me, I'm a big fan of the Ro's for all my DE starts. I like Nek for the atmosphere but as soon as it gets a little crowded it's a pain. In the Ro's you can see forever! Level 1-4 NRo/FP zoneline up to the dunes, you can also feed on pawns and beetles in FP if Ro gets crowded or for variety and you have a vendor right there that sells to anyone (Murissa). Level 5-6 South Ro, killing snakes in the green area.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

The only reason to reroll now would be if you chose agnostic at character creation. The optimal choice for a dark elf wizard is to follow Innoruuk, ofc.
Closed Thread