Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-07-2019, 12:50 PM
Orc

Default Regarding borderless, wineq, and window focus

So I've been using wineq, to run the game and it's good because the FPS doesn't drop when I go over to my other monitor. However Fullscreenizer will not work with it, if I stop using it and use Fullscreenizer then when I alt tab my FPS drops.

I tried the duxaui all in one but that stopped me from running the game because I guess I picked an option I shouldn't of. Basically my question is can I change the FPS limit when I alt-tab? I don't remember seeing it in the game options, but if it is there I'm sorry for making a pointless thread.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

FPS can't be change. Its hard locked to 60.

Don't fullscreen the game. Edit your ini file to whatever resolution you want, but dont go full screen.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:32 PM
Kobold

i run it in a window then fullscreen it with borderlessgaming. after some jiggering around it works for me. alt-tab etc works fine, even between two monitors, etc.

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 11-07-2019, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm4real [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I've been using wineq, to run the game and it's good because the FPS doesn't drop when I go over to my other monitor. However Fullscreenizer will not work with it, if I stop using it and use Fullscreenizer then when I alt tab my FPS drops.

I tried the duxaui all in one but that stopped me from running the game because I guess I picked an option I shouldn't of. Basically my question is can I change the FPS limit when I alt-tab? I don't remember seeing it in the game options, but if it is there I'm sorry for making a pointless thread.
oddly enough I get this too, unless I have OBS running at the same time

i don't know how it works but it does so uh, try running OBS
Old 11-07-2019, 05:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FPS can't be change. Its hard locked to 60.

Don't fullscreen the game. Edit your ini file to whatever resolution you want, but dont go full screen.
Yeah sorry I might have been less than clear. I'm fine with 60 FPS but when I don't have the Window focused I get huge FPS drops if I'm not using wineq, but when I use wineq I cannot get borderless windowed to work. Right now not having the choppiness to me outweighs borderless windowed so I'm just using wineq and I guess if I paid for it I'd be able to get borderless full screen through that. edit: oh it's subscription based, nevermind

Also I'm definitely not running it in full screen, I just want fake full screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oddly enough I get this too, unless I have OBS running at the same time

i don't know how it works but it does so uh, try running OBS
At least it's not just me.

edit: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...t=dual+monitor

Found this thread, not really sure if anyone else has issues getting wineq to go into borderless full screen but I'll keep playing around with it. If anyone running the game on live can see if they have a ini entry for max background FPS and post it here, that'd be great since it might solve my problem.
Last edited by worm4real; 11-07-2019 at 05:36 PM..
Old 11-07-2019, 06:33 PM
Orc

Well some movement thanks to this thread https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...neq+borderless

After messing with the ini a little I noticed that shift clicking and clicking reset window with wineq will give me borderless but then the start bar decides it needs to be on top of all that. I can hide the bar but it still gives me a few pixels of my background at the bottom but it's a huge improvement.

If anyone knows how I can change background FPS in the ini or has had better luck with wineq and borderless full screen let me know. Hopefully anyone having this issue can at least get a little help if they see this thread.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm4real [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well some movement thanks to this thread https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...neq+borderless

After messing with the ini a little I noticed that shift clicking and clicking reset window with wineq will give me borderless but then the start bar decides it needs to be on top of all that. I can hide the bar but it still gives me a few pixels of my background at the bottom but it's a huge improvement.

If anyone knows how I can change background FPS in the ini or has had better luck with wineq and borderless full screen let me know. Hopefully anyone having this issue can at least get a little help if they see this thread.

That's pretty much how I had to do it. It just wouldn't go borderless no matter what I tried. So instead of doing fullscreen, I just edited the eqclient.ini file until I got mine to look as full screen as possible.

I had to adjust it from the original thread you mentioned. Sadly, the size provided in that thread still leaves a single line on the right of the screen that can show bright wallpapers. That is of course, if you have one set on your system.

Here is mine from the eqclient.ini found in the Everquest folder.

Code:
WindowedWidth=1921
WindowedHeight=1013
Width=1920
Height=1080
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=1920
HeightWindowed=1080
WinEQWidth=1921
WinEQHeight=1013
You also have to change the following:

Code:
WindowedModeXOffset=-3
WindowedModeYOffset=0
WindowedMode=TRUE
Old 11-08-2019, 05:30 PM
Orc

I think part of the problem was wineq modified the ini differently than it used to because using your settings seems to have fixed my problem a little, however there is about 10 pixels of the start bar on the bottom and nothing seems to fix it. Additionally moving all my settings back to normal with no offset still sets it to borderless.

https://i.imgur.com/IvFfdFe.png
With these settings
Code:
WindowedWidth=2560
WindowedHeight=1440
Width=2560
Height=1440
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0
WidthWindowed=2560
HeightWindowed=1440
WinEQWidth=2560
WinEQHeight=1440
I can definitely live with this for now. Reaching a critical point where I'm going to be troubleshooting this problem more than I'll be playing the game. Don't know if the issue has something with some leftover stuff from a borderless window program I ran or if how wineq hooks just prevents the normal borderless window stuff.

Wish it didn't irritate me so much to see the frames drop when I'm not focused on the window but it does unfortunately.