Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 11:09 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't quote me too hard on the 10hr math, was a random figure for ease of math. Seems to be a 1 in 15 drop so far, on a 28min repop and maybe 50 or 60% spawn rate. Work it out.
1/2 spawn chance x 1/15 drop x 2 spawns per hour = 1 manastones per 15 hours. Yay math. That's a bit worse so drop the 700 I calculated earlier to maybe 450-500.

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 11-11-2019, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

I estimated about 400 total when I crunched the numbers in my head.

Then I think how many will make it to velious. People who still stop playing, manastones banned off the server.

I'd bet around 200 or less will make it to velious and be active.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-11-2019 at 11:18 AM..
Old 11-11-2019, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

and then how many will actually be of any use to content or groups or raids?

There's only one class who can use the manastone for free at 0 cost to their health and can use it in Kunark / Velious at no mana cost as well to leave to a classic zone, and the majority of the users will not be that class ;p
Old 11-11-2019, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

Agree, and given the absolute stupendous conditions around camping them, and the singular nature of most peoples manastone acquisition, you won't be 'trading' for them very much or often, And that's ignoring any 'future' investment from people betting on a blue merger and hoarding their little investment.

With whats involved it's easily the most hardcore, and most difficult item I've ever tried to obtain so far in 10yrs of p1999.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

I mean cleric and druid are the main users of manastone in classic lands where it works.

Not sure how many people are aware it doesn't work in kunark/velious zones.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

I got it,

Lets just give everyone a manabone when you create a new toon.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Kobold

Jesus, I had a manastone on my cleric on another classic server. It was nice, but it wasn't nearly as godly as most are making it out to be. Essentially with complete heal you never went OOM, but you had to click that damn thing and recast CH so many times it sucked the fun out of the game.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The easy availability of new accounts creates problems on P99 that didn't exist on Live.
This. I've been preaching that only one or two accounts should be allowed per human player. It would kill so many problems with one stone.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:43 AM
Aviak

Spent 14hrs at camp before calling it quits. I knew it was a long shot and honestly my class ENC will not need it once Kunark drops so it was more for they "Hey I tried back when it was a thing".

During that time I did track my AFK checks with stopwatch (nothing to do) and it would run anywhere from 6 mins to 12 min gaps.

Also some people would drop and others joined so it's not a static list. I personally like the list system since I know I won't be bullied out of my spot by some group who can perma camp the spot.

Perfect example of no list is the Shralok Pack in Kithicore Forest. I tried to go get one it's not super hard mob and I found a guy sitting on camp so I respect his there first and wait.... He killed and got the pack so I said ok cool it's my turn... Nope he refused to leave the camp and said he was after 3 more.... I said screw that man you got one I'm taking next one... GM threats was made by him and essentially I was ask to leave when 4 of his guildies showed up and said he was holding camp for them...

SOOOoooo I'm beyond glad this list system exist and a solo player like me can get a chance at these unique items.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:48 AM
Aviak

I wonder how much of the more hardcore Green/Teal population exists solely to obtain a manastone before heading back to Blue. Probably more than a few. Be interesting to see what happens to the population at that six month mark.

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Closed Thread