Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

They nerfed mage drops without any real evidence about it
Old 11-10-2019, 10:11 PM
Fire Giant

Honestly guys I don't think the drop rates are any different from blue. With only my memory and anecdotal evidence, I can tell you that the materials are hard to come by. I found most of my mats on blue from dumpster diving.

Words of Coercion and Convocation are particularly rare there, and I never really found a good place to farm Convocation. I know they drop from mobs around level 45-47. I don't recall anything about Coercion because I zoomed through that level range. Pretty sure I just used the vendor pets for 29.

As for the gloves, ice, breath etc they drop off high level mobs as well, and after a point the server will be saturated with them, just like on blue. All this being said, mage research is definitely the hardest in my opinion.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 11-10-2019, 10:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly guys I don't think the drop rates are any different from blue. With only my memory and anecdotal evidence, I can tell you that the materials are hard to come by. I found most of my mats on blue from dumpster diving.

Words of Coercion and Convocation are particularly rare there, and I never really found a good place to farm Convocation. I know they drop from mobs around level 45-47. I don't recall anything about Coercion because I zoomed through that level range. Pretty sure I just used the vendor pets for 29.

As for the gloves, ice, breath etc they drop off high level mobs as well, and after a point the server will be saturated with them, just like on blue. All this being said, mage research is definitely the hardest in my opinion.
yeah the difference on blue is research wasnt needed. So you wont find those materials nearly as much as on blue.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:38 PM
Large Bat

From 10 to 29 in OOT, I had 3 words of dimension drop, 2 transcendence and a couple of each of the shards and 1 glove.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:57 PM
Kobold

I have this http://wiki.project1999.com/Words_of_Tyranny

It's for level 16 mage pet apparently.

what do u think it would go for >[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2019, 12:29 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have this http://wiki.project1999.com/Words_of_Tyranny

It's for level 16 mage pet apparently.

what do u think it would go for >[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not much considering you can buy those pets.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothreefive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From 10 to 29 in OOT, I had 3 words of dimension drop, 2 transcendence and a couple of each of the shards and 1 glove.
what dropped dimensions, sisters?
Old 11-11-2019, 11:22 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what dropped dimensions, sisters?
The lower lvl ones (sister of errolisi) and the other ones by the tree, dock and ones with swords. A necro got a couple from the ones with swords that I was sable to trade for.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Ive been getting a few PM's about the orc scouts.

I found them because I was farming honeycombs for the shining star of light. They are basically peppered in the same places as the bixies that I was hunting along the road between Rivervale and WC. There are not a whole lot of them. I only made note of the unusual research component drops because I was such low level and never see that stuff until 16. It seemed to be Necro / Magician items. Words of Materials, Words of Transcendence, Words of Tyranny seem to happen. Mobs are level 5-8
Old 11-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Large Bat

The mage haters can rejoice... mages are quitting left and right now. We knew it was coming since the page drops are so rare, the classic (broken) game cannot possibly support anywhere near the number of players in that class. For evidence of this, find the magicians in their low 20's soloing low-level mob camps for xp-turn-in items and ask what class they are re-rolling.
Closed Thread