Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 03:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Want to play a Druid, but...

Hey guys,

I played EQ way back in the day around 2002, so while I'm not completely new to the game, I definitely was not a part of the original, vanilla game.

Anyway, I've always loved the Druid class and am really keen to roll one here. I just love the lore and story behind the magic of the class. However, based on posts I've seen that depict the percentages of each class on Green and Teal, it seems like the population is flooded with Druids currently.

Could someone explain why there is such a crazy amount of Druids?
I don't think they are incredibly OP in classic, but I didn't play back then, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
My guess is that people are rolling Druids to PL other characters and to make some coin play taxi, but I'm really unsure...

Secondly, to any Druids that are currently playing, are you experiencing any difficulties with finding a group? I know Druids solo well, but I always thought half the fun of the game was playing with others.

TLDR - I want to be a druid, but I'm worried about being shunned from groups and feeling extremely common haha

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2019, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

It's not a flood really. They're very popular but still only maybe 15% of the population, and many are pretty exclusively solo.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Play what you love. There is plenty of room in groups as there is no way we can group with hybrids for a few years.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Agreed with play what you want.

I assume the reason for so many druids is the potential for port money and the powerleveling capabilities.

Currently, I have a level 15 Druid. I decided on this class because I have never played one before. So far, I have had no issues finding groups on Teal and I am having a ton of fun playing one. Since everyone is running around pretty much naked, most groups require multiple healers so having many druids is a great thing. Although, as stated above, many are flying solo, so while I have seen them LFG, there doesn't seem to be a ton of them compared to any other class.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

"people are rolling Druids to PL other characters and to make some coin play taxi"

You basically answered your own question there, that is likely why the number is so high. They are easily one of the easiest solo classes with no gear and have the ability to easily traverse the world in a few minutes.

Druids will almost always have trouble finding a group unless you know people, an LFG druid is not high on the priority list for almost any groups ever, This is coming from a long time druid. Druids certainly arent horrible in groups by any measure but people are looking for classes that excel in something, druids are jack of all trades to an extent.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 11-11-2019, 03:36 PM
Aviak

I play an ENC a class that according to polls is been over played and I have 0 issues finding group.

Groups need heals and you will always have plenty of groups looking for a healer class. Most of the time if groups are full you ask the group leader to put you on list and you go do something else and when spot opens they PM you can boom your in.

It's not as complicated as some people make it out to be and just about any class is more then welcome into groups.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play an ENC a class that according to polls is been over played and I have 0 issues finding group.

Groups need heals and you will always have plenty of groups looking for a healer class. Most of the time if groups are full you ask the group leader to put you on list and you go do something else and when spot opens they PM you can boom your in.

It's not as complicated as some people make it out to be and just about any class is more then welcome into groups.
Enchanter isn't a fair comparison. A decent enchanter is equal to two or more mediocre dps class. A group of just enchanter is perfectly viable.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:25 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play what you love.
This. Play something you like the idea of, and you can't go wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by casiof91w [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Play something you like the idea of, and you can't go wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always wanted a DE SK.. but we all know many truths about making one.. Penalty, No groups, and lack of innate bash and super op racials ;p
Old 11-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Skeleton

Wait I'm confused. Why wouldn't hybrids get groups? Does their xp penalty effect the entire group?
Closed Thread