Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 03:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leveling 1-50 in vanilla is 1000% better than in kunark due to ZEM's and mob toughness.

Just my opinion.

Leveling 50-60 in vanilla is better where you find appropriate mobs.

What kunark added was ENORMOUS ZONES with tons of mobs that helped mitigate the problems we are having now in the vanilla world. Field of bone is like more level 1-10 content than entire vanilla game elsewhere.

But FM and OT and DL are all just swarming with mobs and can handle tons of groups safely grinding for hours and hours for EXP. Good ol Grindin. The good spots in vanilla can't handle that many folks and their EXP per hour sinks when there aren't enough mobs.
This was my experience back in the day ... Nothing today can beat the feeling of LOIO FULL of people shouting and OOC full of banter. Kunark holds even today a special place in my heart.

I have been tempted to make a public poem to Green, I love this server so much ... It really really brings back the feeling of nostalgia , cant imagine what it will be like next year when Kunark finnaly unlocks here
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 11-14-2019, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Kunark is going to have a lot of people racing to lock down certain mobs and camps for platinum loot. It will be interesting to see if we get those swarms of level 30-50 characters leveling up in the kunark zones, it really depends on how many people keep playing the game that aren't pegged at 50. KC and Seb will be jammin thats for sure. People will go camp key mobs day 1 and also the bind clicky mob for the duration.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:58 PM
Kobold

LoIO xp blows, sure its got tons of mobs but my god its horrible, as is KC xp (ya theres a couple spots in kc that are ok but so many places with better xp). Nurga, droga, ahh that one in warsilk woods....chardok far > kc and honestly even seb if you go deep.
Old 12-17-2019, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
. If you want to play a Knight and are flexible I would suggest starting an Iksar SK at that time. An Iksar start is unique and very atmospheric, you have this new strange world and you're surrounded mostly by other Iksar and there's all this lore and stuff. No other race provides that.
I see you are a fellow Iksar lover ... I too am one.

The Iksar lore, from Slave/Food race to the Shissar , to the Greenmist Event by Cazic, the exile of the Shissar to the Moon and their godly delusions of grandeur paired with the rise of the Iksar Tribes and eventual decline , the Sebilisian Empire, wow ... and even more stuff, their lore is for me the BEST in all of Everquest.

Before the lore went haywire with time travelling, shards of time, alternate realities, exploding moons, shadowmen conspiracies, returning gods, peacocks, the rise of the madmen of ro, trips back in time to everlasting forests and trips into the far far future where nothing remained but prismatic essence ...

There was Kunark.

Chokfull of wonder, mysteries and the weight of the past.

Amazing! Just love Kunark so much.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Closed Thread