Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 04:57 PM
Orc

Default Low Level Nukes.

Let me start by saying I've never played a cleric before.

I'm wondering if it makes sense to wait until 14 to buy my first DD spell. I know I'll be at a disadvantage when it comes to my evocation skill, but I just can't rationalize investing in Strike or Furor when I can essentially out-damage those spells with a good ole fashioned bash to the head.

Fizzle, fizzle, fizzle, in my future?
Old 11-04-2019, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

Buy Strike for ~1 gp and cast it once on every mob your group engages, until you've reached the max evocation skill for your level. That way, when you start using the higher level nukes you won't fizzle like crazy.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

On Cleric it is imperative that you get your undead nukes. They are incredibly powerful and mana efficient. You shouldn't specialize evocation on Cleric but you must skill it, especially for stun. For a while using your live mob nuke on a fleeing mob is a better "deal" than stun is but later on when stun is a cheap spell mana wise its an indisposable tool for runners and caster mob interrupts. Don't skip live nukes and go get your undead nukes while you're at it

<The A-Team>
Last edited by Tuljin; 11-04-2019 at 06:44 PM..
Old 11-04-2019, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Cleric it is imperative that you get your undead nukes. They are incredibly powerful and mana efficient.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You probably won't use any of your non-undead nukes very often, but as others have said it's super important to keep your Evocation skill up for stuns (especially vs. casters) and undead nukes. I appreciate your concern about "investing in" spells, but level 1 and 5 spells cost basically nothing anyway; it's at 9 that they become expensive for a non-twinked character. Also, the level 1 nuke is handy for pulling mobs to you rather than having to run up and melee/body aggro everything.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

I have my level 1 and level 5 nukes. Level 1 is very nice for pulling. Level 5 is nice for runners - it's about half the cost as a stun, and with certain groups (last night I was in a group that was a ROG, a CLR (me) and 4 SHM. Yes I'm gonna nuke, we need the dps) you will need to add some damage.

Plus you need to max evocation for when it's time to stun and when it's time to fight the undead. The undead nukes are amazing.

If the mob's close to running, nuke it and see if you can push it over the edge into running away and save a few hits on your tank.

The later cleric generic DDs are not all that great, imo - but they have their uses.

The stuns and undead nukes are absolutely worth it.