Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 03:38 AM
Planar Protector

Default Ogre Stun Resist Explained?

I've read and heard in game different things about how the Ogre stun resist works and it's realistic usefulness, but a lot of it conflicts with each other.

Some have said it stops all spell interrupts, which would make it super useful. Others have said it only stops you from being stunned, but you still get spell interrupts multiple times a fight and isn't that great actually. I've also heard that it's nerfed and hardly ever works, that even from the front you still get stunned sometimes?

I was wondering if some of you guys who have experience playing an Ogre can explain exactly what it does and if just how useful it is; if it's worth being evil and taking on a bigger exp penalty or not?
Last edited by VincentVolaju; 11-06-2019 at 03:40 AM..
Old 11-06-2019, 03:48 AM
Planar Protector

As an ogre, if you stand in a corner and face your enemies while casting, you're more or less immune to all melee interrupts. You'll channel almost every time.

It's really handy.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:50 AM
Fire Giant

You can still get spell interrupted from melee pushback so if you are fighting multiple mobs or want to guarantee no interrupts then you need to position yourself against an object.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

It means melee front bash doesn't do the stun & spin weak elves have to deal with. Spell-type stuns still stun you, ie. Cleric/Paladin/Enc spells that feature some stun. And as said above, push can still interrupt you if you're not backing against a wall.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:22 AM
Kobold

Ogre necro when!
Old 11-06-2019, 04:39 AM
Fire Giant

Ogre bard when
Old 11-06-2019, 07:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can still get spell interrupted from melee pushback so if you are fighting multiple mobs or want to guarantee no interrupts then you need to position yourself against an object.
Didn't they recently change it so that a bash can still interrupt from the front? It can't STUN but it can still interrupt?

Huh. I thought I remembered reading about that somewhere, but I can't dig it up with a forum search.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-06-2019 at 07:18 AM..
Old 11-06-2019, 09:12 AM
Kobold

Yes, at least on blue Ogres were nerfed some patches ago. Not getting stunned but still getting interrupted by bashes.

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Old 11-06-2019, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, at least on blue Ogres were nerfed some patches ago. Not getting stunned but still getting interrupted by bashes.
Ok. I wasn't sure if everyone claiming FSI was still "no interrupts except from push" were uninformed or if I was imagining that a change had been made. Guess that doesn't answer the question on green/teal specifically though.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Getting hit still makes you need to channel to cast and there is a chance of channeling failure.

Getting physically stunned by a slam or bash or kickstun is a 100% chance of spell interrupt. On an ogre that doesn't happen.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread