Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 03:40 PM
Kobold

Default Financial woes of a young caster...

Playing on Green. I'm currently a level 6 halfling druid.

Level 1 spells are 1gp each, level 5 spells are 5gp 3sp or something, level 9 spells are 5pp each...

I was on top of my game and acquired all of my level 1 spells (except a few I've had on other druids and have never used, I'm not interested in wasting money to have a complete spellbook at this time), bought only the necessities for lvl 5 (no low level AOEs), and wanted to start collecting lvl 9 spells.... but 5pp each? damn... that's a lot of rat whiskers and beetle legs.... about 10 trips back to town to sell after filling up my bags.

Other than my spells I have purchased 2 backpacks, and some food and drink. I have 3 pieces of looted cloth armor and my noobie club.

The whole point of this is I read a lot of "my [melee] class is very gear dependant, while a naked caster is basically the same just with less mana" etc., and I wanted to point out these crucial levels, where casters literally msut scrape every copper piece together to save for new spells. While the melee are probably already rocking full sets of visible armor already, I'm trying to save up all day for one spell that I can use 3 levels from now.

That is all. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2019, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Do the misty belts

If you're on in ~4-5 hours. msg baler I'll throw you some plat
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sounds like you’re leveling in the wrong place. Best newbie garden is Tox. The kobolds and skelies often carry rusty weapons which can be sold, and sometimes a cracked staff. By the time I was level 5 I had all my spells and a full set of leather. Then I moved to Blackburrow. Stayed there until 10 selling more rusty weapons and bows. Had enough to buy all my level 9 spells, but was still selective in order to save plat. Went to Unrest yard. Only looted the mushrooms (forgot the name but they are stackable and sell for 7gp ea) and pristine scarab shells (9gp each) and various cloth/raw hide that dropped. By level 14 I had enough plat to buy a full set of banded and all of my important level 14 spells.
Last edited by Lordess; 11-11-2019 at 03:50 PM..
Old 11-11-2019, 03:49 PM
Orc

Don't let it get to you. Relax and enjoy the game is what I say. I'm in a similar boat as you. I've been steadily saving up and vendoring just about everything and my bank account sits at about 10pp.

I can understand how it's frustrating seeing people with large bank accounts so early on, but there's a lot of ways to make money beyond vendoring, look for quests that pay out coin, work on some trade skills (I make a profit by just collecting skins and making patchwork that I sell back to vendors) find what works for you.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:57 PM
Aviak

If you're good aligned... bandit sashes! I hunted bandits in WK from 11-14 and walked away with all the level 14 spells I wanted and an extra 185pp to spare. Great money for the level!

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 11-11-2019, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

What is your character name? If you're in my neck of the woods I'll give you 50pp for spells, should cover you until you can easily earn your own coin.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Go to -600, 400 in misty thicket. Start killing all the orc centurions which are level 2-4. Keep circling back to -600, 400 which is the location of the corkscrew shaped tree. Eventually youll have all the orcs spawning rapidly at that tree. 3 Spawns. Collect around 10-15 belts per hour. Turn in those deathfist belts to captain budo ONE AT A TIME for massive xp and 9 GP a turnin. Deputy Budo is found if you take a right past the wall opening and enter the first tower on the way back to rivervale
Last edited by Cen; 11-11-2019 at 04:53 PM..
Old 11-11-2019, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

Bone chips go for 1pp a stack. It adds up.

Casters dont need money for anything but spells.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Just hang in there, even if you have to cherry pick your spells.
By low to mid teens, cash won't be an issue anymore. Bandits. Wisps. Sister isle. Nybright sisters. Suddenly, you're raking in the cash.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Kobold

Hey guys. I appreciate the offers but I am not looking for handouts. Just sharing that the struggle is real for a young caster on a new untwinked server. I did WK bandits on Blue with my druid and that's legit. I will check out the orcs in Misty, Cen. Thanks.
Closed Thread