Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 09:17 PM
Aviak

Default Lets make green raiding classic!

So, this is going into RnF as it will likely be ignored because the zerg guild wont wanna do anything to remotely help smaller guilds.

Anyways, I'd like to offer the whole server a classic experience! To do this, I purpose that at any and all raid targets that any mobs your guild (or known associates given people who are willing to de-guild if this was to be enforced) gains agro on, it must be killed by or wiped your guild. Kiting a train at any point to leap frog or steal a mob should be completely removed from the game.

On live, GMs were really hardcore about train kiting and really disallowed it. As it was stated to me by GMs on live, any mobs you get agro on, you as the player (on this server the guild too), you the player (on this server the guild too) are responsible for what happened with it until it gets back to its spawn point or spawn path.

Watching a zerg guild with 100 players and 20 of them are focusing on the kite while the other 80 are killing the raid target simply because they have the numbers and the people to kite it is NOT classic. Tactics like this were not thing on live I'm almost certain given the 2 or 3 raids i attended that took hours to kill the dragon.

Lets put effort into making it classic raiding and not train kite and zerg the mob before the mobs reset (basically placing a train in the way of the raid mob after your guild rushes in behind the train kiter. This sort of thing will only get worse as time goes on for the life of green. Everyone know the timers, locations, strats, pathing, there isnt anything that completely new here. Lets make gaining mass agro and train kiting and using that same train as a fail safe to train the other guild(s) if their guild loses FTE 100% illegal!!!
Old 10-10-2020, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

I like your motivations.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 10-10-2020, 09:29 PM
Aviak

I only bring this up because I was suspended on live for this tactic on older raid targets in 2005ish. I was in Plane of Fear going after the golems with only a group of people vs another group of people). I'd start up a kite to allow my crew to get to the temples and Id drop the train between the zone in and the temple to make rushing the temple a little more difficult as the train would would create a nice little wall of mobs.

I ate a 7 day and 1 strike on the account (on live you are allowed 3 strikes before the account is on a perma ban status). The GM was very clear this sort of thing is considered a manipulation of the mechanics to disadvantage other players.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:34 PM
Sarnak

nobody plays p99 for classic eq.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 10-10-2020, 10:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The GM was very clear this sort of thing is considered a manipulation of the mechanics to disadvantage other players.
He wasn't wrong.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:49 PM
Fire Giant

GMs in EQ never did shit beyond actual exploits. Guides would spend all day telling players to go fuck themselves no matter what the issue was. We need classic GMs that let players train each other and handle it in game.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Flag everyone for pvp in raid zones and let the rest sort itself out.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nobody plays p99 for classic eq.
sig worthy quote here.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Flag everyone for pvp in raid zones and let the rest sort itself out.
I'd like to see a trial run of this.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

KSing wasn't illegal in live 01-04 but training was and a GM would show up.
Closed Thread