Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 05:59 AM
Fire Giant

If you really want that nostalgic feel, level a melee alt. Necros really don't need gear to excel at leveling. When i leveled my monk to 60 it definitely got my nostalgic blood flowing :-p.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:02 AM
Fire Giant

Don't think I ever have. I usually exp in the same spots with my alts as I do my main, and I would rather get through it quicker the second time around. Unfortunately(?) when I started 55 days ago here, within an hour of creating my account I stumbled across someone doing a giveaway to a group of people and I won 2k plat! Was able to buy some hp rings and a few other low end items. No classic experience for me =(
Old 09-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

The first 12 to 30 levels depending on class can be incredibly boring your second/third times around. Once you start to get your complete toolset leveling becomes much more interesting.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:45 AM
Sarnak

*raises his hand...

All nine of my characters are not twinked. Yes, I have had people give me "gifts" over the past year. Or when a guild like Azure Guard had their random give-away, I was fortunate to have some high rolls. Usually I will work on trade skills in tailoring to stock my characters in either leather hides or raw silks. Or with the case of my melee characters, investigate what vendors have been sold - especially when my warrior bought a whole set of banded armor over time!

But if being a twink can be translated into buying a better weapon in the tunnel after saving and selling everything other people let rot on corpses, then I guess I must put my hand down.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

I leveled here on my necro without handouts. The first handout I took was in my 30s at the giant fort in FM. It's rough. You have no money for spells, bags and you sometimes think to yourself do I need that spell or can I go fill my bags with food so I can regen?

Then there's ec. You haggle for everything because you can't afford it. A lvl 34 pet that you need? Good luck getting that before 39 unless you pay more than what you can afford. I was buying old vendor bought spells into my 50s because I could only afford the bare minimum.

Casters might get lucky that they're not as gear dependant but they make up for it by needing to spend everything they make on spells.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As the title says, im trying to re-ignite that nostalgia. I think my problem is that I always twink my alts, and I'm missing that classic EQ feel that I had with my first character. I just made a lvl 1 Eru Necro, im going to attempt to level him untwinked, have any of you done this to cure your burnout?
You are never going to have that same feeling back. Sorry to tell you but 17 years of knowing the game and playing it makes that feeling unable to reproduce in its entirety.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Twinking is classic.

Why on Earth would I impose artificial restrictions on my gameplay?
Old 09-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

My druid started out as an alt! He was in patchwork/leather til his forties/early fifties because I gave him absolutely nothing and didn't want to tunnelquest. I'm sure most of my friends remember me asking at around 50-52ish if having 145 wis at that level was a bit low.

I do give spare junky equipment to my alts just because I randomly acquire so much of it (which I have no idea how that happens considering what I do 99% of the time), but most of the gear on Tadhg was earned. I just recently gave away my old Springwood Club that I got from CoM after many a gory battle. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 09-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As the title says, im trying to re-ignite that nostalgia. I think my problem is that I always twink my alts, and I'm missing that classic EQ feel that I had with my first character. I just made a lvl 1 Eru Necro, im going to attempt to level him untwinked, have any of you done this to cure your burnout?
Outside of leveling and playing my bard with Asgard I think the last time my nostalgia was at peak was when we had that lowbie dungeon crawling group going. What was it called, <Grp Full Sry> or something.

Good times

eta: I've also been having fun on a custom progression server the last couple of days called Nagafen's Lair. About as far from a classic server as you can get but has been scratching that EQ itch without having to invest hours in p99. More info
<Asgard>
Last edited by Dalven; 09-11-2016 at 11:28 AM..
Old 09-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Did you go full non-twink or did you atleast give yourself some plat to buy spells, food/drink etc
Full non twink! spells don't cost much as a ranger though : p Im gonna make a thread in the future with all my screenshots of gear collecting - should be pretty neat!

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Last edited by utenan; 09-11-2016 at 12:54 PM..
Closed Thread