Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 04:24 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New players needs help and tips

Hi im new to green just starting, whats a good race/class to start wit i need to be able to have np grouping building funds to buy gear and if possible as a bonus solo

How are shamans, druids, necro mage, ranger, monk, rogue, paladin, shadow knight, warrior.

also im loking for an altoholic,casual friendly family and lgbt friendly guild who can my wife and i can join who is open minded mature and accepting of all lgbt and other.
Last edited by Felicity; 01-24-2020 at 04:26 AM..
Old 01-24-2020, 04:35 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie
Old 01-24-2020, 04:36 AM
Aviak

Necro.

Can farm guards or seafuries for straight plat. Can farm lguk undead for high end drops. Fd for extended afk. Self mana regen buff to lessen downtime. Not terrible in groups. You could just send in pet each fight and no one would know you’re barely there.

You could play enchanter too, but necros are easier and less gear dependent.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:51 AM
Kobold

Shaman - Well rounded priest, high solo capability, moderate gear dependence, extremely powerful end game / raid expansion. Notable Mention: Torpor breaks the game. Top Race: Ogre

Druid - Well rounded priest, high solo capability, no gear dependence, lackluster end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Porting best hustle in game. Top Race: Halfling

Necro - DoT damage int caster, best solo capability, no gear dependence, lackluster end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Farming + FD for lazy convenience. Top Race: Dark Elf

Mage - Pet class int caster, good solo capability, no gear dependence, lackluster end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Call of the Hero useful and versatile. Top Race: Gnome

Ranger - Well rounded hybrid, decent solo capabilty, very high gear dependence, humiliating end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Tracking unique and great for farm cycles. Top Race: Human

Paladin - Tanky heal hybrid, low solo capability, high gear dependence, decent end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Lay of Hands can really turn a bad situation around at all levels. Top Race: Dwarf

SK - Tanky DoT hybrid, decent solo capability, high gear dependence, decent end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Feign Death is more notable than Harm Touch on Green. Top Race: Troll

Warrior - Melee Tank, no solo capability, high gear dependence, vital end game / raid expansion roles. Notable Mention: Proc weapons + crippling blows can make you an aggro + DPS machine. Top Race: Ogre
Old 01-24-2020, 07:30 AM
Sarnak

Check the Starting Zone forums:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=71
Old 01-24-2020, 02:01 PM
Aviak

If 2 of you going to play (you mentioned your wife)

Roll a pet class, like a Necro, or a Mage.

Have the other roll a healer class, like a cleric or a shaman.

Youll be able to get through most of the casual content as you learn to play the game, and wont have to struggle with gear while you figure out how to really play EQ.

At some point your pet will need to be replaced with other players, but the two of you can duo well into your 30s with ease and then from there on youll be skilled enough to finish your path to 60 as a duo or you can just find more people to join you!

Edit: Have the player who will play the most play the pet class, as they will likely want something to do while the other is not playing and you can farm/solo with pet classes very easily!

If the player on heals doesnt like healing, have them chose shaman over cleric, shamans can play offensive or defensive rolls, they are great in groups but also in solo so they will enjoy the character even if killing is their favorite activity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If they dont mind healing, go cleric.
Last edited by shovelquest; 01-24-2020 at 02:04 PM..
Old 01-24-2020, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Shammy Necro is a fantastic duo option!
Old 01-24-2020, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shammy Necro is a fantastic duo option!
Honestly Shammy + nearly anything is a good combo, with the only exception being possibly Shammy/Cleric.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi im new to green just starting, whats a good race/class to start wit i need to be able to have np grouping building funds to buy gear and if possible as a bonus solo

How are shamans, druids, necro mage, ranger, monk, rogue, paladin, shadow knight, warrior.

also im loking for an altoholic,casual friendly family and lgbt friendly guild who can my wife and i can join who is open minded mature and accepting of all lgbt and other.
I think Magician is your best bet followed by Shaman and Druid. All 3 are equally great for a group. All 3 can build funds. Magicians are super easy to play, send pet in and nuke. Druid soloing involves more to solo, same goes for Shaman. Downside to Magician might be some spells require research whereas Druid and Shaman you can purchase all the spells at a vendor. I would not recommend starting off with any of the other ones simply cause they cannot bind anywhere, nor can they solo as well. Since you are new, there will be death, and corpse runs from multiple zones away suck, being able to bind in the zone or just outside the zone you are hunting it saves a lot of time.

As for the lgbt stuff, I have no idea. I can't imagine that being a problem for any guild. I can honestly say I have never seen any comments about it, but I am not sensitive to that so it's possible I just missed any negative comments. If you are looking for other lgbt people to socialize with, again no clue if there is a guild made up of people in that community.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Everyone else has covered class pretty well, so I can cover race/starting area a little bit.

Any races that start in the Qeynos area (so humans and half-elves, as well as erudites and barbarians with a little bit of running) get access to a lot of nice quests for extra exp and plat. Gnoll fangs, putrid skeleton ribs, rabid pelts, bandit sashes, etc. My Qeynos characters are always the most self-sufficient starting out because of all the money-making opportunities.

If you want to be consistently surrounded by other players and groups, I would think that Faydwer (wood elves, high elves, dwarves, and gnomes) is your best bet. You get the obvious progression of Crushbone->Unrest->Mistmoore, with the upside of them all being fairly close together.
Closed Thread