Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 08:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet51 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe they've given you people enough, maybe it's time to start actually earning it
I don't know (or care to know) all the guild politics and history of which raid guild did what to who.... and maybe it is that you were referring to? I don't know. I've only been on P99 since Feb this year.

On an open raid or in a raid alliance, were there one, the raiders do "earn it" themselves. There is nothing automatically "unearned" about loot won on such kinds of raids. I have memories of really fun open raids on live, where people got nice upgrades. It had (and has) nothing to do with what raids guilds are doing.

Feanturil - 60 Monk <Castle>
Jennica - 60 Cleric <Castle>
Suzianna - 60 Magician <Castle>
Sinvaril - 59 Druid <Castle>
Findorae - 49 Paladin <Castle>
Old 09-05-2021, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know (or care to know) all the guild politics and history of which raid guild did what to who.... and maybe it is that you were referring to? I don't know. I've only been on P99 since Feb this year.

On an open raid or in a raid alliance, were there one, the raiders do "earn it" themselves. There is nothing automatically "unearned" about loot won on such kinds of raids. I have memories of really fun open raids on live, where people got nice upgrades. It had (and has) nothing to do with what raids guilds are doing.
we get bag limits now

want loot? join a raiding guild. contribute. don't be just be a zergling. show your worth.

get good RA. bam gratz on the BIS!
Old 09-05-2021, 09:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we get bag limits now
want loot? join a raiding guild. contribute. don't be just be a zergling. show your worth.
get good RA. bam gratz on the BIS!
I don't think we are even in the same conversation, sir.

There is nothing wrong with hardcore raiding guilds. All power to you, whatever floats your boat. But some of us were never interested in that in live and joined more casual forces. And I suspect that some players on P99 are the same. No disrespect, but don't assume we are all that kind of player. This is just a hobby, a fun hobby yes, but not a lifestyle, not for all of us.

Now I don't know what all this "bag limit" thing you speak about is. That is not a phrase I remember from live. if the way the server is run somehow prevents any open raids, that would be weird, but I don't know - I did say I've not been here that long. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you read my first post on this thread, I was speaking of some good memories of open raid alliance and fully open raids from when I played on in live back in the day. It worked well back then. It was the experience of many players. If it wasn't for you, that's still ok.

That's all.

Feanturil - 60 Monk <Castle>
Jennica - 60 Cleric <Castle>
Suzianna - 60 Magician <Castle>
Sinvaril - 59 Druid <Castle>
Findorae - 49 Paladin <Castle>
Old 09-05-2021, 09:47 PM
Fire Giant

What the part-time propagandists conveniently fail to mention: Seal Team started and helped run and maintain the server-wide open raids for a very long time.

As for OP's question: like others have said, you'd have to join a raid guild to raid. Open raids are history. Seal Team is recruiting and has killed every raid target on the box, and we recently lowered a lot of the barriers to entry for new recruits. Give us a shot, you might be surprised. I've raided consistently on P99 for about 7 years now and never had this much fun anywhere else. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by matticas; 09-05-2021 at 09:54 PM..
Old 09-05-2021, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

The people who are on welfare playing here don't believe in welfare mobs. Move along.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet51 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe they've given you people enough, maybe it's time to start actually earning it
It’s cute how all you St dudes think every mob is yours. Earn what? The ability to sock 16 hour windows for 4-5 days a week? Log in at 3am on a Thursday to kill a dragon? Congrats on being in the only guild with the majority of neckbeards who have nothing else in their life besides poop socking.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:47 AM
Sarnak

Most raid targets are easy. The difficult part is to grab the target from your competition.

The current system premieres the guilds that have players that will stare at an empty screen for hours and hours on end until something pops and that's when everybody else in the guild logs on their characters that have been parked at the raid location (i.e. they were unable to play them for the duration of that raid window).

Guilds like this believe that they've "earned" the pixels this way and sure, by the current rules they have. "I've wasted more time than you" is otherwise a pretty poor argument for having earned something. The system creates inherenty unfun and unhealthy gameplay.

The server staff knows this and seemingly wants it to be this way. So be it. Don't like it, don't raid. It's not something mandatory for a good EQ-experience, in fact it's probably best not to raid at all.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:28 AM
Fire Giant

Given the responses on this thread, it seems like my only hope of ever seeing a raid zone was to join current day live EQ and try to level high enough where I could possibly solo them. Unfortunately my attempts to load that game from my external harddrive (my current one is tight on space) did not work so sadly it looks like I'm stuck here instead.

Everything just feels hopeless.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given the responses on this thread, it seems like my only hope of ever seeing a raid zone was to join current day live EQ and try to level high enough where I could possibly solo them. Unfortunately my attempts to load that game from my external harddrive (my current one is tight on space) did not work so sadly it looks like I'm stuck here instead.

Everything just feels hopeless.
There are plenty of guilds on green that you can join and get to see raid zones. Gathered Might, Fires of Heaven, Castle still probably do Hate, Fear and Sky. If you want to see things like VP or ToV or other high end bosses you will need to join Kingdom or Seal Team. If your entire desire is to just see the zones there is no reason you can't join any of the guilds I listed and tag along.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

If loot isnt your goal and you just want to experience raiding on p99.

You can ask Any guild that's going on a raid if you can be a guest. Make it clear you don't want any loot and that you want to help them just so you can experience raiding. Be sure they get you into a group. It's that easy. I've done it many times with many different guilds.

Ask someone in the guild who an officer is and contact that officer with the request.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread