Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2021, 05:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards + noble + bosh in HHK is still OK at 54. You can also solo around the castle in the Hole.
Annoyingly the last time I checked the vendors are still assisting in HK so bards/nobles is a death sentence.

OP, have you tried the giant fort in burning woods?
Old 09-11-2021, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

I dunno if push is the same as it was, but on my monk Neriak cleric guards were a cakewalk at 54 because they'd stop fighting at 40% to CH themselves and with epic pushing them to interrupt was easy. Easy to split them too and they're on 6m40s timers and drop fine steel, so was a juicy camp at the time.
Old 09-11-2021, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Another chill and empty spot is Orc Fort in EW. There is one Rygorr Elite guard that paths out of the building and spawns every 6 minutes.

The legionaires would still be green if you cared to slaughter them for a little extra exp. The elite guards were blue until 58 I think at which point about 1/4 to 1/2 go green.

There is about 8 more elite guards inside on longer spawn timers if you had harmony to split them since they basically all come at once and there is a shaman which makes splitting difficult since they are sowed.

I could see that place being great for a high 50's ranger to solo, or someone to duo with a druid or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno if push is the same as it was, but on my monk Neriak cleric guards were a cakewalk at 54 because they'd stop fighting at 40% to CH themselves and with epic pushing them to interrupt was easy.
Push is useless for interrupting casters now. If you are fighting a cleric pretty much expect that they will chain cast until they go out of mana unless you get super lucky with a stun proc.
Last edited by jolanar; 09-11-2021 at 01:52 PM..
Old 09-12-2021, 11:52 AM
Kobold

Thx for all the suggestions! Some updates:

Did LDC for a few hours. Definitely doable at 54 with my gear. Could kill 5-6 before repops. A lot of HP to chug through though.

Did some goos in WL. Easier than LDC for some reason and better drops. Pretty convenient since they don’t drop and pp but only gems/low weight trash. SS pretty close by with vendor/bank as well.
Old 09-13-2021, 02:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thx for all the suggestions! Some updates:

Did LDC for a few hours. Definitely doable at 54 with my gear. Could kill 5-6 before repops. A lot of HP to chug through though.

Did some goos in WL. Easier than LDC for some reason and better drops. Pretty convenient since they don’t drop and pp but only gems/low weight trash. SS pretty close by with vendor/bank as well.
just saw this thread but was gonna say i did goos all the way to like 57 or 58 on my monk starting at like 52 or something and made like 20k plat aswell super easy super casual nice drops.. not the best exp but was still solid and safe. 58-60 anything is going to feel super slow and difficult without a duo but if you do find a solid shammy, ratman warriors in the hole are very easy as long as you avoid the ratman guards
Old 09-13-2021, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just saw this thread but was gonna say i did goos all the way to like 57 or 58 on my monk starting at like 52 or something and made like 20k plat aswell super easy super casual nice drops.. not the best exp but was still solid and safe. 58-60 anything is going to feel super slow and difficult without a duo but if you do find a solid shammy, ratman warriors in the hole are very easy as long as you avoid the ratman guards
Goos dropped off pretty hard for me when I hit 58.

There is also this as a resource for anyone interested in a guide of places to hunt at 59. I assume it's also pretty relevant for anyone 58 or maybe 57.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Zentile...onk_Solo_Guide
Old 09-14-2021, 07:41 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah at 58 its pretty much Hole (unfortunately)...or if you can find a shaman can go do geonids or velk / seb.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

I was in Dreadlands on a level 57 and was surprised how many blue con Ravishing Drolvargs there were outside KC. Probably not a bad spot for levels 54 to 56 or so, with the bonus of being able to quickly join a group in KC if a spot opens and being very safe.
Old 09-15-2021, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Grik_the_Exile#

This guy spawns every 6m40s and should stay blue till 60 and is very easy to kill, can most likely do without epic and fungi. Not going to be amazing exp but it moves the bar and is safe. At level 57 I got 1% exp after 4 kills. So maybe 2% an hour in the mid 50s. Also drops a longsword and 1 to 3 plat per kill. Good afk camp.
Closed Thread