Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 02:05 AM
Planar Protector

Default Have any of you sucessfully leveled a non-twink alt?

As the title says, im trying to re-ignite that nostalgia. I think my problem is that I always twink my alts, and I'm missing that classic EQ feel that I had with my first character. I just made a lvl 1 Eru Necro, im going to attempt to level him untwinked, have any of you done this to cure your burnout?
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 09-11-2016, 02:12 AM
Sarnak

I find the problem is you're grinding mobs at level 8 and youre mind just starts wandering, and you realize youre gonna be doing that grind all over again and the temptation to make it a bit easier is hard to resist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-11-2016, 02:20 AM
Planar Protector

i've tried it. I even created a guild for it, this was in 2014. I had a guild called <Talisman>. I made a big post on the forums explaining my goals and what I wanted my guild to be about. We were all leveling toons with absolutely zero twinking and outside help. I wanted to earn all of my items and gear myself through drops and quests. I allowed help from random people passing by who wanted to give an occasional buff, and I grouped with people, but I tried to keep the classic feel as much as possible. I had never played classic, nor played Everquest when it was new and completely mysterious.

I made it to maybe lvl 16? I was a dwarf warrior with a couple pieces of scarab shell armor and a screaming mace and maybe a.....dwarven axe? I thought I looked so cool with my plate bp, helm and boots, and my quested proc weapons. I had a fair amount of interest in the guild, there was alot of people who signed up or replied to my post detailing how they were going to make a toon just like me, follow my basic rules. We'd have a few people online during the day playing the same way as each other. I just burnt out after a week or two.

It was alot of fun, but I also gave up quite early because I was burnt out on the game in general and I was discovering how much I enjoyed the red server more than blue.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

it was great for nostalgia, researching the race/class to chose, scoping out all of the starting cities for their newbie quests. Had alot of fun deciding which lowbie quests to do, plan out which future quests and drops I was going after.

the whole idea was to get a group of like minded people doing the same thing, crawling the old dungeons in gear only obtained through your own means.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Necro and Mage are the least gear-dependent classes in the game, so it shouldn't be difficult.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:09 AM
Fire Giant

Just hit 36 on my ranger who is completely un twinked - it's way more fun imo, i never understood twinking, kinda takes the meaning out of the game - like, there's no progression going on so why are you mindlessly killing mobs? I've traveled all over Norrath looking for items i can obtain or quests I can do to upgrade stuff, even a small ac upgrade feels like a huge accomplishment - I also have a memory or story ( and screenshots ) of some kind attached to every piece of gear on me : )

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Old 09-11-2016, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by utenan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just hit 36 on my ranger who is completely un twinked - it's way more fun imo, i never understood twinking, kinda takes the meaning out of the game - like, there's no progression going on so why are you mindlessly killing mobs? I've traveled all over Norrath looking for items i can obtain or quests I can do to upgrade stuff, even a small ac upgrade feels like a huge accomplishment - I also have a memory or story ( and screenshots ) of some kind attached to every piece of gear on me : )
Did you go full non-twink or did you atleast give yourself some plat to buy spells, food/drink etc
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 09-11-2016, 03:34 AM
Banned

Check out Ways of Yore. It's a guild doing what you're talk about. Most fun I've had on EQ in years
Old 09-11-2016, 03:43 AM
Sarnak

Recently made a Druid and did this, by the time I got in my teens and went over to EC the temptation was too great though and had to pick him up a staff of the earthcrafter, so much more fun.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

What does successfully levelled mean? as in got past level 1? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread