Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 02:33 PM
Kobold

Default Druid Tracking - ok, is it on purpose?

Was there a conscious decision to just leave druid's tracking at 20 forever on Green? Apparently we are at least one patch into Velious and druid track seems to not be increased (still not getting any skillups).

I'm not the guy who's too smart about digging through archived web pages and such but I'm sitting here at my desk with the Prima Official Strategy Guide for the Ruins of Kunark, looking at Ranger Skills on page 187, and according to this hard copy, druids should have a maximum skill of 50 in Track as of the Kunark expansion. So... what's up?? P.S. f--k Red. Don't care how game mechanics affect your PvP garbage. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-05-2021, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Yes.

I don't know why it's on purpose ... but after ignoring it for this long, it's clear that this isn't just "the dev team hasn't noticed Druid track". At this point it has to be "the dev team is aware of Druid track and (for whatever reason) has chosen not to fix it."

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

There was a reply by Telin in this druid tracking thread https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=384256
Quote:
Telin - 06-18-2021, 04:13 PM
This should be fixed pending update. There was something wrong with the way the timeline rule was originally set up, and I have it working on the dev server now.
That was in June. I dont know if we've had a patch since then, it has been good while
Old 09-05-2021, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. f--k Red. Don't care how game mechanics affect your PvP garbage. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rude.
Old 09-05-2021, 03:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rude.
shut the fuck up about red, no one cares, and your dumb

hope this helps
Old 09-05-2021, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Tears of a Clown
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-05-2021, 04:32 PM
Kobold

Default You're right, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
rude.
Yes, that was rude, and I apologize. I had stumbled across a post at one point that I believe mentioned some nerf to druid tracking on Red, and reasoned that tracking ability and PvP made druids unfairly advantaged. My personal feeling is that a fantasy roleplay game is no place for class balancing and to do so for PvP is a disservice to the immersion. So, I was trying to deflect any arguments regarding how the skill affected Green vs. Red players. I just let the adrenaline of the moment affect my choice of wording. So, I'm sorry, but still... gimme my tracking skillups!!!!
Old 09-05-2021, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, that was rude, and I apologize. I had stumbled across a post at one point that I believe mentioned some nerf to druid tracking on Red, and reasoned that tracking ability and PvP made druids unfairly advantaged. My personal feeling is that a fantasy roleplay game is no place for class balancing and to do so for PvP is a disservice to the immersion. So, I was trying to deflect any arguments regarding how the skill affected Green vs. Red players. I just let the adrenaline of the moment affect my choice of wording. So, I'm sorry, but still... gimme my tracking skillups!!!!
Oh, thanks for the heartfelt apology! Us pvp players do have feelings, same as anyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Druid track was never nerfed for any pvp balance reasons. PvP balance actually does not affect the blue and green servers at all. Unless I’m mistaken, the pve servers even have different pvp spell resist code from red, and it’s easier to land spells for you guys when you duel. Rogean and nilbog wouldn’t change something so drastic as skill caps just to balance pvp. Their goal has always been classic and nothing else.

I hope you green druids get patched soon and are able to enjoy your track ability as it was during this era in classic eq.
Old 09-05-2021, 04:52 PM
Banned

this pink banana person talks about red all the time but doesn't even play red, i bet
Old 09-05-2021, 05:04 PM
Project Manager

The way skill caps change between eras can be complicated. We haven't had a patch since it was fixed. If for whatever reason it isn't fixed after the next real patch (i.e. you need to download a new spells file and there are patch notes), then create a new bug report. Everything looks good on development server though, thanks to Telin.
Closed Thread