Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2021, 09:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Note quite. There are 4 level 45 dorf guards + Nyzl that will take you to 60 in BBM. Two of those guards come with their level 40 buddies, but the dock guards can be pulled solo. I actually dinged 60 off of one of those guards.
Upon investigating these bearded axe wielders, the wiki states the dock gate guards and Dunn (guard hut nearest docks) are "Resistant to Magic" and that Rundul (guard hut nearer to Kaladim) is "Immune to Magic".

Does this mean that they just have very high magic resists? or does it actually mean that they are truly Immune, as the page states for Rundul... I can't imagine that one is distinctly different from the others, but Rundul's page also gives different stats for AC, HP, and dmg dealt per attack.
I would tend to believe that all 4 are all essentially the same, and since the 3 others are identical, I would think they represent the most accurate info- I'm guessing someone posted info on Rundul's page and it just has not been updated with the most accurate data.

I just wanted to be able to formulate a game plan before attempting to rid the world of some smelly ol dorfs, in the process of finding decent grind spots as I'm about to ding 56.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're talking about mages here, she melts so fast the hardest part is getting 50 percent damage in nukes off be fore she does.
You don't pet chain?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-24-2021, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

Most of the time, I get lazy with single spawns like her though and nuke 'em. With six mins med time it doesn't matter right? So I get a max pet and enjoy Netflix or whatever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 09-24-2021, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of the time, I get lazy with single spawns like her though and nuke 'em. With six mins med time it doesn't matter right? So I get a max pet and enjoy Netflix or whatever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do the same on six min spawns,add some fashion weops if im staying a while
Old 09-28-2021, 11:44 AM
Banned

Good duo spot not mentioned is 2nd Floor City of Mist on the Ramparts. Usually it is open and not camped any longer.

Lots of undead and Goos. Great exp to 58. Can go all the way to 60 if you want.

Drop gems and mobs can spawn with proccing weapons.

Perfect spot as a Mage with say a Shaman duo partner. Cleric, Druid, Enchanter, and Necro partners could also work here.

Good luck
Old 09-30-2021, 02:20 PM
Kobold

If you don't mind trashing your faction, I've found Chardok to be a terrific leveling option. I'm not very knowledgeable with Mages, but I solo'd the entrance tunnel on my Necro starting at 52 without any issues. I spent 58-60 there on my shaman, I wish I knew about it sooner, I would have spent most of my 50's there.

It isn't as quick as the hole, but it's still great exp. It's also great cash as trash mobs can drop gems and have a shared loot table including: tribal war boots, sarnak battle shield, stave of shielding, sarnak bracer of honor, etc. I looted 8 tribal war boots on my shaman and largely funded torpor from the cash I made in those 2 levels. I did spend a fair amount of time duoing the castle entrance area, the mobs are a little higher and also drop 54-56 level spells. There are always enchanters running through, so haste and clarity are almost always available. Also, many of those chanters have a rezzer available if things go south.

Good luck and have fun!
Old 09-30-2021, 08:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinbillibnis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't mind trashing your faction, I've found Chardok to be a terrific leveling option. I'm not very knowledgeable with Mages, but I solo'd the entrance tunnel on my Necro starting at 52 without any issues. I spent 58-60 there on my shaman, I wish I knew about it sooner, I would have spent most of my 50's there.

It isn't as quick as the hole, but it's still great exp. It's also great cash as trash mobs can drop gems and have a shared loot table including: tribal war boots, sarnak battle shield, stave of shielding, sarnak bracer of honor, etc. I looted 8 tribal war boots on my shaman and largely funded torpor from the cash I made in those 2 levels. I did spend a fair amount of time duoing the castle entrance area, the mobs are a little higher and also drop 54-56 level spells. There are always enchanters running through, so haste and clarity are almost always available. Also, many of those chanters have a rezzer available if things go south.

Good luck and have fun!
Are there many single pulls? The hardest part for mages is dealing with more than mob at a time.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 09-30-2021, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Are there many single pulls? The hardest part for mages is dealing with more than mob at a time.
Chardok does not have a lot of single pulls, no. Most pulls are 2+.
Old 09-30-2021, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chardok does not have a lot of single pulls, no. Most pulls are 2+.
That was my thought as well, I bet it would be a great spot to duo with an enchanter or a cleric.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 10-02-2021, 05:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
That was my thought as well, I bet it would be a great spot to duo with an enchanter or a cleric.
Just hit 57 off Dyrna. Not quick but most chill camp possible, 2 or 3 scars and /pet attack. Thanks for the tip!
Closed Thread