Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 12:59 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default An unspoilt experience... Original EQ manual?

Hi All,

I have recently been having a heavy bout of nostalgia about when I first played Everquest during the kunark expansion. For me the overwhelming and huge world was what made EQ amazing, and I instantly regretted spoiling myself with alakhzam and destroying the mystery of the game

It's been a decade since I last played EQ and I want to play it again. However, I don't want to make the same mistake again and spoil myself with wikis and optimal builds. I want to experience this game as I did for those few short months years ago... confused, overwhelmed, and unspoilt.

This is why I am wondering if any knows of a source for the original or kunark manual that came with EQ? I would like a basic reference (wasn't there a map as well?) to help me, because I can remember how confusing EQ was. I plan on trying to get information in game from people I group/chat with, and making maps/notes myself about NPC locations and camp spawns. Hopefully I won't get completely overwhelmed. Planning on playing on the pvp server and streaming... have contemplated codifying my "rules" a bit more and putting my notes/maps online/stream somehow if there is any interest.

Any input would be much appreciated, hopefully will start streaming/playing tomorrow, game is downloading now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Aviak

If you cant find any I can scan mine, I have two different kunark manuals... mostly they are innacurate.

I think the maps are included digitally on one version... been a while, will check tonight when I get back.
Closed Thread